Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • C max owners
  • bamboo
    Free Member

Do you know if the current generation c max come fitted with the rear seats that slide inwards and backwards when the middle seat is folded, as standard?

Also, is there a knack to using them? Just tried one at my local ford dealer and despite all of the mechanisms being present, neither I nor the salesperson could get the rear seat to slide inwards and backwards.

revs1972
    Free Member

Haven’t a clue, but that sort of thing gets my goat.
    I could understand if it was a car supermarket type place where there could be 100’s of different makes / models , but for a main dealer. Very poor.

orangespyderman

Haven’t a clue, but that sort of thing gets my goat.
    I could understand if it was a car supermarket type place where there could be 100’s of different makes / models , but for a main dealer. Very poor.

This – I would ask him to show you how it worked, then say “call me when you’ve figured it out” and walk out. Sod ’em, don’t deserve your trade.

thisisnotaspoon

Did you remove the middle seat first?

My Mk1 needs the middle seat either out or folded up to let the outer ones slide back and in. The lever to slide them is under the outside edge of the seat.

It’s a gimmick, the legroom even with them forward is huge because they’re taller. I’ve done it once or twice in 6 years even though the only people that ever get in the back of mine are adults.

Not sure I understand the need to throw a tantrum and storm out of the dealers. Seems a bit cutting your nose off to spite your face walking away over something trivial when you’ll have to live with whatever car you get for years.

bamboo
    Free Member

On the current version (mk2?), you don’t remove the middle seat, just fold it backwards, then the outside seats should slide inwards and backwards when you pull a lever

YouTube shows it to be quite simple but the car at the dealer appeared to have all the mechanisms under the seat, but it wouldn’t work on either seat – hence is there a knack to it?

gonzy
    Free Member

my c max is a 2010 model…ford removed that feature as a standard option the year before 🙁

orangespyderman

Not sure I understand the need to throw a tantrum and storm out of the dealers.

Not sure that was quite what I was suggesting – just that a salesman who knows so little about should probably do a bit of homework if he expects to sell anyone a car. He’s wasting your time (and his) by fannying around doing it while your there. Let him waste only his and let you know when you can come back in and get the product demonstrated correctly.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘C max owners’ is closed to new replies.

Thanks for popping by - why not stay a while?IT'S FREE

Sign up as a Singletrack Member and you can leave comments on stories, use the classified ads, and post in our forums, do quizzes and more.

Join us, join in, it’s free, and fun.