Viewing 13 posts - 81 through 93 (of 93 total)
  • Bye-bye JoblessTrackWorld….. Hello LBS :o)
  • camo16
    Free Member

Well done PP – nice to see an employment/lifestyle story work out this well!

My bike’s knackered if you’re ever in Liverpool… 😉

ciderinsport
    Free Member

Will there be a peter poddy bike workshop masterclass at the big bike bash now 🙂

Congrats!

xherbivorex
    Free Member

well done peter. good to see stuff like this; live the dream fella!

granny_ring

Well done PP, glad you got there in the end.
    Hope all goes well, enjoy.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Nice nice one Pete. Good luck. Hoping to attract you and your Mrs down our way for an STW ride this summer – I still remember the vegetable-based cakes 🙂

JefWachowchow
    Free Member

Congratulations Pete. Well done for making a brave move. I hope itr works out well for you. Just dont let them pay you in shiny bits, not all of it anyway. 😀

mboy
    Free Member

Well done Pete, glad to hear you’ve succeeded in getting a job you wanted! Never visited but looks like it should be a good shop, certainly got some nice (mainly road) brands on board. I can see you on a Bianchi or a Cervelo in no time! 😉

From your posts it’s clear that you do not suffer fools gladly, have you done a course in dealing with numpties ?

I only wish this wasn’t the case, but sadly more often than not, as a bike mechanic in a shop, your customer facing part of the job is too much in balance of ego stroking and less of being forthright and to the point. Like you, I tend to be quite straight talking and don’t mince my words, but whereas in many trades this is seen as an admirable quality, in bicycle retail all too often it is not sadly. Despite the fact the customer is paying you £35 an hour or so to fix their bike, you’ve got to remember that they still know more about it than you, and that they’re always right! 😉

Minor jest aside, cyclists (especially roadies) have fragile egos in general, so learn from my mistakes, and be a bit softly softly with customers until you get to know them better as individuals.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Well done PP, glad you got there in the end.
    Hope all goes well, enjoy.

Well, so do I. 🙂
    It might be a mistake, who knows, but I doubt it. Better to regret doing something than not doing it, right?

From your posts it’s clear that you do not suffer fools gladly, have you done a course in dealing with numpties

Well, yes and no. I’m quite capable of biting my lip where fools are concerned but I TOTALLY understand why people don’t want to work on their own bikes, or are unable to, and it honestly gives me quite a kick to hand a bike back and see someone ride off with a smile. I never get sick of that.

oldnick

Well done on getting a job you really want, and dealing with daft punters gets easier with practice 🙂

stevio

Congrats – a nice result and you’ve obviously worked hard to get it. Just got round to fitting the Sids i bought off you to the Mrs bike – if you find any more let me know!!! 🙂

Rorschach
    Free Member

The first 10 years are the worst……it gets marginally better after that.

granny_ring

LOL @ Rors, and yes Peter you’re 100% right on that one. Absolutely.

jay_tht
    Free Member

Nice one Pete..! Big thumbs up there..

Viewing 13 posts - 81 through 93 (of 93 total)

The topic ‘Bye-bye JoblessTrackWorld….. Hello LBS :o)’ is closed to new replies.