Bye Bye Hans Dampfs! What next?

Home Forum Bike Forum Bye Bye Hans Dampfs! What next?

Viewing 7 posts - 46 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • Bye Bye Hans Dampfs! What next?
  • chris_db

HDs by far the best tyre I have ever used – I use the PaceStar version, roll fine, grip like one-oh and very progressive in the turns.

If you don’t want yours I’ll have them.

C 🙂

Premier Icon thorlz
    Subscriber

Not just you headpotdog.
    I like the XR4 as well.

hora

I love my HR II upfront and my 2.25 Beaver rear. When its warmer I’m simply going to swap out the Beaver for a Ardent.

Then again I ride rocky and muddy Peaks etc not hardcore pebbles 8)

fr0sty125

Well lots of views… I think I will have a go with CM front HD rear for at least one ride but will also look at conti 2.2 RQ or Purgatory control.

mindmap3

I love my HR II upfront and my 2.25 Beaver rear. When its warmer I’m simply going to swap out the Beaver for a Ardent.

Then again I ride rocky and muddy Peaks etc not hardcore pebbles

That’ll be those pebbles that you struggled with…

I will however agree with you on the HR. I still rate the old ones much more than the Minion so I’d imagine that the II’s are even better.

hora

I hated the old HR- thought they were too ‘tall’? I’m a nervous rider- made me more nervous. Weird as apperently according to the reviews they only amended the tread pattern. I think the HRII must have had the profile/volume dropped abit as a 2.4HRII doesn’t feel or look bigger than a 2.3 HR.

I’ve no idea what the lean/grip etc patch means though on the official review (bikeradar)

emac65

Ralphs front & rear did just fine around The chase today………

BTW I think XR4’s are sh!te,slow,heavy & not particularly grippy …

Viewing 7 posts - 46 through 52 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘Bye Bye Hans Dampfs! What next?’ is closed to new replies.