• This topic has 53 replies, 44 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by grum.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 54 total)
  • Bye bye dry trails!
  • tacopowell
    Free Member

It’s been a pleasure, Don’t be a stranger 😀

mattrgee
    Free Member

Conditions have been great around Hayfield, but they’re forecasting sleet for the weekend 😯

tacopowell
    Free Member

Yarp, heavy mud expected to crash the party! 🙁

weeksy

I’m finishing work at 11am and riding till 3pm today as a long farewell. I’ve got the Racing Ralphs ready for the day 🙂

fervouredimage
    Free Member

Yeah, I made the most of the morning and put in a few hours around my local trails. It’s actually warm here. I can feel actual heat from the sun. Who knew?

rocketman
    Free Member

Lights on charge as we speak

Back to normal after today *groan*

mrmo
    Free Member

dry? sorry? its dried out? less muddy maybe, dry, not that i had noticed.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Erm when did they dry out? Around here everything is still pretty much a river (even after about 2 weeks of dry weather) The top of some soil has vaguely started drying, but thats it.

passtherizla
    Free Member

Heading over to Cannock now!

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Errr sorry.
    My fault.
    First weekend I can ride for weeks after a hockey injury.

davosaurusrex

South downs only have the odd puddle round here, planning a farewell ride tonight

Yetiman
    Free Member

Dry trails!…..I wish. My favourite local hill is still covered in snow on the higher North facing slopes and most of the trails lower down are wet with melt water. It’s starting to dry in places though which is a welcome relief…..rain forecast though 🙁

eugeo81
    Free Member

Just about to head into the NW Alps (Clent) for an hour or two and a spot of lunch at Nimmings cafe

martinhutch

Barden Moor in fabulous condition this morning. Great ride. The early morning mist was condensing and freezing on the trees, then falling on me as ice, which was interesting.

stumpyjon

Ground was saturated on Sunday, made a quick six mile ride into a total slog fest, that and riding over the frozen snow left over from a few weeks ago. Spring won’t be on it’s way until it’s dry enough for the kids to set fire to the moors above Bacup, usually around the Easter holidays.

buck53

I’ve been it off action for about six weeks. First ride on new rig is… Friday!

That being said, they only decent tyres I have at the moment are mud pluggers, so it’s not all bad.

highlandman
    Free Member

Low level trails in Angus are ace just now, fast grippy ‘hero dirt’ but anything above the Strath (valley floor) is just like Yeti said, either still under old snow banks or suffering from meltwater run off. Farmers around here are furuously ploughing to get something done while the water table is more than a few inches below the surface. Looks like we’ll be back to normal from about Thursday.

Vortexracing

a few of us are finishing early tonight to get a last Rivvy dry run in, before the swamp reappears 🙁

iainc

last of the dry GMBC’s local runs round Mugdock tonight I reckon 😆

rOcKeTdOg

the NWAlps trails are about 1/2 a week of dryness away from “buff” rain tomorrow will spoil the party. Lights charged for a farewell ride after work

cookeaa

Yep the weather is nice round here at the minute.

But I’ve had the Bastard Flu for most of this week (still not shifted it fully, but now back at work) the missus was ill with the same thing the week before that, so I was on Daddy duty, all of which means by the time i get back on a bike I’ll be as weak as a kitten and it’ll be pissing down again…

SaxonRider

rogerthecat – Member
    Errr sorry.
    My fault.
    First weekend I can ride for weeks after a hockey injury.

Are you talking proper hockey, or field hockey?

neninja
    Free Member

It’s never stopped being muddy here – I know nothing of these dry trails of which you speak.

giantx4
    Free Member

Haha… Even dusty in places here in the east :))

BillOddie

:looks at forecast on metoffice:

Doesn’t look THAT bad to be fair…

Wednesday looks a bit poo here but after that just a bit drizzly?

eugeo81
    Free Member

I am currently at the summit of Clent having a breather, lovely day to be out, warm, sunny and nice dusty dry trails!

watsontony
    Free Member

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

tc3nitro
    Free Member

I’m heading out after work with a few mates !
    I wish it would stay like this for another couple of weeks as we are heading into the dales next weekend.

oh well

On the upside my GoPro should be here tomorrow !

toys19
    Free Member

Just spent a couple of hours between budleigh and woodbury doing jumps n stuff. got too hot!

carlphillips
    Free Member

we had an unofficial haldon dry trails enduro, doing all of the cheeky stuff we know of….it was fast and best ride in ages…..
    not looking forward to the rain at all…

BillOddie

Yes dry trails are lovely etc etc etc… but you do know you’re not made of sugar right?

njee20
    Free Member

Surrey Hills are great at the moment, tons of grip, hardly any mud. Be a shame if it does rain again!

stumpy01

Thetford tonight. Can’t wait. 30 mins…

bacondoublechee
    Free Member

After riding through the worst weather all winter, I broke the forks on my new bike a couple of weeks ago (on a ridiculously muddy and wet night ride). I sent them back under warranty and have been MTB-less for the entire dry spell. Absolutely gutted. I have to keep telling myself not to ride the Cotic that is all cleaned up, serviced and up for sale!

yunki
    Free Member

toys19 – Member
    Just spent a couple of hours between budleigh and woodbury doing jumps n stuff. got too hot!

I was up there yesterday reacquainting myself with the local trails round this neck of the woods 😀

jimster
    Free Member

Sorry all, it’s the Mrs’s fault, thought it would be nice to pop down the coast for a couple of days…..

Seems to good to be true out there at the moment. 😥

Houns

eugeo81 what were you riding? Lovely and warm up there, not much of a view though due to the haze

And to make things even better, I’m being paid whilst up there!

cinnamon_girl

Managed a fab ride in South Wiltshire! Had to wait for dry conditions as there’s a fair amount of grassy tracks. The views were simply stunning and the countryside is looking gorgeous.

I love rides like today’s – it feeds the soul. 8)

mrelectric

Had a good 2 1/2 hr wander around Baildon Moor which is the driest for ages (6months??). Its a great time of year to be out there, before the bracken chokes many paths and visitors litter the place up.
    However, I had to WALK it as my back is is spasm following a coughing injury…

nickmsm
    Free Member

Had a glorious ride across south downs today, blue sky, nice and warm. Least I have the memories 😆

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 54 total)

The topic ‘Bye bye dry trails!’ is closed to new replies.