BW – Whinlatter to Thornwaite Lakes

Home Forum Bike Forum BW – Whinlatter to Thornwaite Lakes

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • BW – Whinlatter to Thornwaite Lakes
  • Nice ribbon of singletrack with a drop at the end. Don’t tell anyone

fergal

Any locals ridden this, trail suitable for mobility scooters or a techfest 🙂 looking to tag it on to a descent off Grisedale.

Andy_K

Seldom Seen? It’s a bit less interesting now the landslides be tidied away 🙁

fergal

Not worth it then?, i’ll just take the 4×4 up the road and park on the verge at Whinlatter.

Why don’t you park in the car park?

You know, CONTRIBUTE to the trails you’re planning to use

fergal

Que? I don’t own a 4×4 and don’t intend to ride at Whinlatter, oh the ironing!

Apologies.

but let that be a warning to others – pay for your car parking or incurr my grumpiness

Premier Icon ir_bandito
    Subscriber

Rode it years ago (pre-trail-centre) as part of the C2C.
    Gone down in my biking history as one of my fave ever rides. Partly the company and the general conditions of the day, but I really, really enjoyed it.
    Is it still there, now the trail centre is?

Premier Icon postierich
    Subscriber

You have to pay @ Whinlatter!!!!! I thought it was optional been there several times but never paid I do spend about a tenner in the café though 🙂

Premier Icon superfastjellyfish
    Subscriber

Worth a ride IMO. Park in Thorthwaite, ride up the fire road to where ever your destination may be, then descend B/Way back.

grum

Not done it since the landslide but it always used to be good fun. Nothing too techy – there was one steepish rock step bit but it’s very scenic and nice and narrow in places.

fergal

Thanks guys duly noted.

Premier Icon martinhutch
    Subscriber

You have to pay @ Whinlatter!!!!! I thought it was optional been there several times but never paid

I did look for a pay and display machine last time I parked up at the Maismill? car park, the one halfway along the blue. I assumed there must be one, as it’s only a couple of hundred yards from the main car park, but the forest pixies must have spirited it away…

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘BW – Whinlatter to Thornwaite Lakes’ is closed to new replies.