Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Buying non folding tyres online
  • colin2011
    Free Member

Has anyone bought non folding wire bead tyres from either CRC or Wiggle.
    How were they packed?
    Reason I’m asking is that my only online buying experience so far (not CRC or Wiggle) wasn’t great, they had been twisted into a figure of eight and then folded in half, result was a damaged bead and the tyre never seated properly on the rim.

chakaping
    Free Member

they had been twisted into a figure of eight and then folded in half,

Usually come like that, never had problems myself.

But buy from CRC and you’ll have the comfort of free returns and good customer service if anything is amiss.

kristoff
    Free Member

I’ve got a high roller 2 dual ply that came in a massive black bag (guessing it was too hard to try and fold).

dknwhy

I got one from CRC folded in a figure of 8 and it seated fine although I don’t run tubeless. It wasn’t tightly wound in a figure of 8 though.
    If you’re not happy, complain and send it back or go somewhere local that price matches.

bencooper
    Free Member

Figure-8 or the special double fold method only known to elderly bike shop men and people who own bandsaws?

colin2011
    Free Member

The damaged tyres are history and no one locally seems to have the tyres I want but both CRC and Wiggle do, was hoping one of them might use the massive black bag method of delivery.

brassneck

Wiggle delivered wire beads in a ma-hoosive box to me once.. some 1.5 slicks for the commuter I think.

drlex
    Free Member

Have you tried the German stores? Can’t remember which one I last used, but the wired tyres came unfolded in a large box within a few days.

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

I recently got some steel bead road tyres from wiggle, They can in a single wheel box, unfolded.

paladin

brassneck – Member
    Wiggle delivered wire beads in a ma-hoosive box to me once.. some 1.5 slicks for the commuter I think

They like big boxes! They posted a seat post to me in a ginormous box.

jaymoid

On-one sent mine in a nice big box with no twisting needed.

andypandy85
    Free Member

Planet X sent me some tyres in a box, not folded, tyres were perfectly round, more than happy with the service!

wiggles
    Free Member

Crc posted my barons unfolded in a black bag, then ordered some xkings were folded up in a box, for a second I thought I got lucky and sent me the folding version by mistake…

stumpy01

I’ve had them delivered either in a large box or wrapped up in a black bag with about 2 reels of tape to keep them secure.
    Never been folded up.

colin2011
    Free Member

Thanks for the updates, I’ll give Wiggle a go.

legend
    Free Member

bencooper – Member

Figure-8 or the special double fold method only known to elderly bike shop men and people who own bandsaws?

bugger, was quite happy that I knew the double fold method up until that comment 🙁

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

Most of my recent CRC tyre deliveries have been “big black bag – unfolded”.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Buying non folding tyres online’ is closed to new replies.