Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Buying stuff you don't really need after reading posts on here?
  • Kojaklollipop
    Free Member

So, how many people on here read a post such as 'what flat pedals, 'what brakes for…' 'what tyres for…', 'recommended me some such and such', 'what's the best/shorts/windproof/light/grips' see some nice examples of things that other people have pictures of, then think, mmm, they look nice, do a quick search, then end up buying some or something else as they find another bargain … even though they don't really need it? 😆

I've done it myself 😳

It's a bad influence this place!

Lifer
    Free Member

On the bass guitar forum I go on it's known as GAS

Gear Acquisition Syndrome

grumm
    Free Member

Guilty – I'd be a much richer man if I didn't have the internet. Lately it's camera gear instead of bike bits. 😡

tinsy
    Free Member

Guilty…. but a lot less so recently, not sure if I have finally grown up or its just the lack of play money.

soobalias
    Free Member

this thread hasnt prompted me to buy anything

the advertisers on the site wont be happy

i think the mods should delete this.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

lol, £10 panniers in the classifides have morphed into buying a full set of ortlieb rollers!

V8_shin_print
    Free Member

I think nearly every part of my bike could qualify, without this place I would be happy riding around on my Rockhopper, safe in the knowledge it was the best bike in the world.

Jamie
    Free Member

Similar issue with fetch.com, keep buying trainers….i should be buying shares in Inov-8.

meehaja
    Free Member

Parts for my van. If I see it, I buy it in the knowledge that when I need it I might not be able to find it. If it wasn't for this site I would still be riding my orange patriot and trying to be "gnarley!" Instead I ride a steel hardtail single speed and enjoy it much more. However, I do find myself spending money on things I "need" following advice of this forum.

grumm
    Free Member

My problem is generally with 'bargains' 😡

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Buying stuff you don't really need after reading posts on here?’ is closed to new replies.