Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Buying paint online in Pantone?
  • rickon
    Free Member

Hi chaps,

Is there anywhere online that you can buy a sample pot of Pantone paint online?

I only need a small amount for touching up my frame, and have the Pantone reference.

I’ve done some googling, be can’t find anything obvious.

Cheers

Ricks

bigblackshed

Pantone is generally used in the print industry so paint would more than likely be a conversion into RAL.

You could try EPAINT To find an equivalent. I’ve never had much luck matching paint colour though.

funkmasterp

Revel model paint is a good shout. I needed to touch up my frame (steel) and it’s spot on.

mickmcd
    Free Member

I just read this as penistone…was going to say we don’t have a paint shop in the village anymore

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

It’s not an evil by chance is it?

I spent quite a while trying to match the pantone number for the paint – as above its stupid reference for a paint as it’s not a paint number.

I got a pot of touch-up direct in the end.

dovebiker

Some automotive places will mix colours from a scan using a spectrophotometer. As said Pantone is for printing ink – useless for paint at they use RAL.

tonyplym
    Free Member

Colour converter here to go between Pantone and RAL.

rickon
    Free Member

I found a place! Oval.co.uk

There’s not RAL conversion for the Pantone colour it is.

But looks like £15 for a touch-up pot. Just need to figure out what kind of matte finish I need. I suspect soft matt, will be the one.

And yes – it’s an Evil!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Buying paint online in Pantone?’ is closed to new replies.