Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Buying one of those trendy fixed gear bikey things.
  • fervouredimage
    Free Member

I, for the first time, had a quick blast of friends fixed gear urban, trendy, dash around the city with handlebar moustache and checked shirt, skinny fit jeans bikes the other day. Despite shaking my head in disgust at my friends fashion choices I did surprisingly enjoy riding his bike. I also found the beautiful simplicity of it appealing and his enthusiasm for the nuances of fixed gear cycles a little bit infectious.

So, now I want one and I don’t know where to start. Any experts in?

Pigface
    Free Member

Foffa bikes, met Danny a few years ago and he is a really good lad.

Bregante
    kilo

buy a langster, pompino, fuji (v.cheap at evans atm) or a pearson touche, no doubt someone will tell you to save money by finding an old frame in askip and fixing it up, ignore hipsters spouting toss about njs kit, ride

MrSmith
    Free Member

Foffa bikes, met Danny a few years ago and he is a really good lad.

quite possibly but the bikes are just candy painted cheap chinese stovepipe rubbish that weighs a ton.

Pigface
    Free Member

Mr Smith very possibly but isn’t that all the trendy scenesters care about?

whippersnapper
    Free Member

SE Racing Lager – love mine.

Or finding an old frame and doing it yourself, it is rewarding but never seems to work out cheap.

MrSmith
    Free Member

Mr Smith very possibly but isn’t that all the trendy scenesters care about?

the doe-eyed sycophants lusting after orange painted deep section wheels do, there are options available for cyclists from other manufacturers. 🙂

zippykona

Does anyone know how I can convert my double glazing to single pane. They are fine at the moment I just want to make them worse.

MrSmith
    Free Member

but the world looks so much more clearer through a single pane of glass, it’s almost zen like in it’s transparency.

fervouredimage
    Free Member

Does anyone know how I can convert my double glazing to single pane. They are fine at the moment I just want to make them worse.

I’m not replacing my bikes for a fixie, I’m simply adding one to my collection. It was just fun, a bit different. No harm done surely?

TiRed

Something vintage and light. Most modern fixies are made of lead alloy 🙄 . If you must have new, I’d go for a Specialized Langster or Kona Paddy Wagon. Paddy Wagon has sealed bearings and mine runs beautifully despite minimal maintenance and a whole winter of commuting.

Commuter

Skinny jeans ride (aka School run bike)

zippykona

Free country and all that but they just seem plain dangerous. How they can cost more than £100 needs explaining to me.
    Heavy old steel frame,rubbish components ( well what few components you get!)
    Bike equivalent of a black and white telly stuck on one channel.

umop3pisdn
    Free Member

Just buy anything and ride the shit out of it

wonnyj
    Free Member

I am likely to have one for sale 2nd hand very soon.

Chas Bland 1970’s track frame made in Bristol, resprayed blue about 5 years ago and has been a good commuter / town bike for that same time.

Reasonable finishing kit.

No photos at present but I’ll do some soon. £150. Interested?

basstronic
    Free Member

Do it I’ve had a paddy wagon for three years and done over 3500 miles on it going to work and back, great fun comfortable and next to no maintenance.

sobriety
    Free Member

Charge Bikes do SS/fixie urban bikes.

xterramac
    Free Member

Got an almost brand new mongoose fixer for sale, sorry thats not very PC. Iv’e got a, special-needs-goose fixer for sale, drop me a mail if your interested,,,, light as a feather and goes like the wind………….

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Buying one of those trendy fixed gear bikey things.’ is closed to new replies.