Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Buying music online…
  • flyingmonkeycorps

I used to buy quite a few CDs and records, mostly directly from bands, labels or small distros. I’ve increasingly found myself going down the way of downloading, ‘cos it’s just easier in terms of convenience and space.

Currently I tend to buy stuff off Bandcamp or label sites, as it *seems* like the best way to make sure as much money as possible goes to the band – is this right?

We’re talking small, independent labels and bands here, not big majors.

DezB
    Free Member

Currently I tend to buy stuff off Bandcamp or label sites, as it *seems* like the best way to make sure as much money as possible goes to the band – is this right?

I would’ve thought so. I’m sure Bandcamp gets a cut, or a subs fee, but it’s better than most sites.

flyingmonkeycorps

Oh aye, I’m sure they do, but it has to be better than the 0.000001p or whatever it is they get from Spotify.

DezB
    Free Member

Definitely.
    You can see what I’ve bought
    https://bandcamp.com/dezb 🙂

stumpy01

PledgeMusic is OK too. Like Kickstarter for musicians I suppose. Only thing is, I don’t think you can preview music and the last double album I bought was a bit of a shocker….

You can choose your level of support too, so can have just a download of download & CD etc. depending on what they make available.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Buying music online…’ is closed to new replies.