Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Buying Kitchen Units
  • fathomer

I’m going to be needing a double base and double wall unit plus a length of worktop in the near future for the garage at the house we are buying. I’ll need them pretty quickly.

So, anyone got any advice on the cheapest, easiest place to get them from fairly quickly. Second hand isn’t an issue but the speed thing will probably rule that out.

stumpy01

For small quantity you will probably need to go to somewhere like Ikea or choose some of the off-the-shelf stuff from one of the large DIY places.

I have just gone through something similar after having a brick-built cupboard removed from our kitchen, which left a distinct lack of storage space on that side of the kitchen. I wanted 3 units – larder unit, bin cupboard, 800mm wall unit & some worktop.

For us, the size of units was quite important to get what we wanted to fit in the space.
    I ended up going with DIY-Kitchens, but they have a min order quantity of £750 ex. VAT so I had to make the difference up with end-panels etc. which I wasn’t actually that bothered about having.
    You will probably be too far under the min spend value for it to be worth topping it up.

Wren is the same with a min order quantity & a distinct lack of interest in providing anything that wasn’t stupid expensive.

I did buy an off-the-shelf plinth from B&Q to space the larder unit off the wall – I was quite impressed with the amount of stuff in stock & while not the best, it seems OK quality.

nickjb
    Free Member

There’s often some on Facebook marketplace. You can usually collect same day or next day if you have the time. I’d start there and if there really aren’t any around then consider IKEA.

fathomer

Thanks both, will check marketplace once moved and if that’s no good, Ikea look a good bet.

MoreCashThanDash

Facebook Marketplace, local FB “Spotted” group, or just wander round and see if anyone has a skip or kitchen fitters van outside.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.