Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Buying from Poland ..again.
  • zippykona

Looking to buy an e bike conversion kit off eBay. They are based in Poland.
    I contacted them to see if there will be any vat or duty to pay and they say no.
    The price for the kit is really cheap and almost too good to be true.
    Am I right to be sceptical?
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/394270317763?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=agaivojvqgm&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=SyLfpeirQlG&var=662784440213&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

Why would there be no VAT or duty to pay? You’re importing from the EU.

zippykona

Having looked again it says UK local shipping.
    So I will hopefully be ok.
    No idea how that works but fingers crossed

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Why would there be no VAT or duty to pay?

I think eBay deal with all of that for you these days so it’s included in the price. I may be wrong mind, or it might only apply to to GSP etc.

No idea how that works but fingers crossed

They send them to the UK, they’re then sent to you from the UK address.
    Vat and customs etc are dealt with on import so you never see them as separate costs.

dyna-ti

You would probably be better buying from Woosh. Based in Southend-on-sea, plus they are on the pedelecs forum so easy to talk to.

Front hub kits, rear hub kits, middrive kits, plus all the spares.

https://wooshbikes.co.uk/cart/

If I was building via a kit, i would buy it here. I’ve no real experience, but they seem to have a good reputation, and its not crossing Europe to get to me, plus no language barrier, return problems etc etc etc.

zippykona

You would probably be better buying from Woosh. Southend based, plus they are on the pedelecs forum so easy to talk to

I placed an order with them but since then no update or anyone answering the phone.

trail_rat
    Free Member

My ebike kit came from China.

UK market reviews were sketchy at best for major of the suppliers (woosh and dillenger). Going to source when your not guaranteed good service seemed a no brainer.

Long as what ever your buying has good spares availibiliry.

dyna-ti

I placed an order with them but since then no update or anyone answering the phone.

I’m surprised at that. Ive been on the pedelecs forum for a couple of years and they rely often to customers queries. Maybe just one of those things or couldn’t make it to the phone or something.

But I’d still maybe think twice about ordering from Poland, given these are far eastern made devices, so will be the same ordered from Poland or the UK, but I’d try to stick with UK

trap6
    Free Member

Lots of mail comes from Poland in vans that come too and fro on a weekly basis,very normal for us too have parcels sent from Mrs T’6 family too here without the hassle of other shipping methods,you ring a number they pick up and bring over so I’m guessing that they’ll post when it reaches uk

zippykona

Parcel is arriving Tuesday from DPD. Feel a bit more confident.
    Even if I get stung, the kit cost £472 rather than £705.

zippykona

Just had this email.

breninbeener

@zippykona can you please send me a link to your seller or their details. Have your parts arrived yet?

Ian

zippykona

@breninbeener
    All arrived and no fees.So it cost £472 all in.
    Fitted and working. Beware it’s a B motor they send so I couldn’t fit a chainring convertor. No doubt someone will make one soon.
    It makes zero noise which is good as I’ve heard some really noisy ones.
    Securing the battery is the trickiest bit if you don’t want to use rivnuts. I would have liked a frame bag battery but couldn’t be sure my knees wouldn’t hit it as I have a wonky pedalling action. My battery is quick to remove if I want to put my bike on the car rack.
    I don’t need an e bike but being a one car family we do need a car alternative

breninbeener

@zippykona that looks ace. Did your kit come with throttle and the brake levers with cut-off switches? If so, can the system be used without those items? I have some hydro levers to use and i dont think i want a throttle.

Ian

zippykona

It came with a throttle and the cut out cable brake levers neither of which I used.
    With hindsight I’d get a battery in a bag as fitting the frame one is a pain.

breninbeener

Ace. Thank you!

drnosh
    Free Member

What do you mean ‘it’s a B motor’.?

Can you explain please.

zippykona

The Tongsheng can have a problem with a blue plastic gear. The B motor has a metal gear, also it totally disengages when not running so you can pedal it like a normal bike.

It’s worth mentioning that in 2022, Tongsheng released an improved version. This is called the TSDZ2B and features several improvements, but most notably a dual clutch system inside the motor which drastically reduces drag when the motor isn’t in use. The blue gear issue has apparently been fixed as has the sprag clutch problem.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.