• This topic has 5 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by DT78.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • buying from Amazon.com / import duty?
  • DT78
    Free Member

using the Amazon ap, item I’m looking at states prime, about £50 than other UK sites.  click through and it says fulfilled by Amazon.com, delivery by Thurs.  so do you pay import on this or not?  I’ve not noticed clicking on a prime item and being taken to a .com item before.  given it’s delivered in a couple days sounds like it is in Europe so I should be ok?

metalheart
    Free Member

I ordered a snow peak solo cook set from amazon.com (but through .co.uk) and it added about £8 for import fees and taxes (on just under £50 iirc).

Was reasonably speedy too, just over a week I think…

DT78
    Free Member

so did it tell you it was adding the fees at check out?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    metalheart
    Free Member

Yeah, well sort of, it added an ‘allowance’ for fees and duty and was called a ‘deposit’ (which they say will be refunded if actual cost is less…). I think is was less than the amount but i can’t be sure….

mjb

If you are logged in on the .com website it knows where you are from and gives a value for shipping and import fees deposit next to the price ( you can click next to it to break it down). As metalheart says it’s an estimate so if it’s less you should get the difference back but i couldn’t see anything in the T&Cs that said what happens if its more. For a £35 watch they charged me £3.46 shipping and £6.07 import fees which is still way cheaper than buying it from the UK!

DT78
    Free Member

well I ordered and it didn’t add any fees and said vat was included in the price breakdown.  must be an eu purchase then.  fingers crossed I won’t get a surprise when it arrives

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘buying from Amazon.com / import duty?’ is closed to new replies.

New deal added to Members Discounts