Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Buying Components on C2W – Question
  • shooterman

Has Anyone used the C2W scheme to buy components? eg fork or wheels. If so, were you still able to get any discount from the retailer on the initial purchase price?

dantenspeed
    Free Member

Yep, I bought a wheelset together with tyres, cassette etc. Works exactly the same as if you bought a bike.

However I’d be amazed if you got a discount off the listed price unless they were already advertised at a discount.

shooterman

Thanks dantespeed. I was thinking it might be a useful tool for purchasing things which are never really steeply discounted.

dantenspeed
    Free Member

It was the only way I’d ever drop £500 on a wheelset so it seemed rude not to!

whatgoesup

Looks like rules have been relaxed since I last looked – groupsets, wheels now explicitly allowed

From https://www.cyclescheme.co.uk/help/faqs/cyclescheme-package
    <h2>“</h2>
    <h2 id=”/help/faqs/cyclescheme-package/what-safety-equipment-is-allowed” style=”margin: 0.83em 0px; font-family: ‘Rockwell W01’, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-weight: normal; color: #195079; -webkit-text-size-adjust: 100%;”>What accessories can I get?</h2>
    <p dir=”ltr” style=”margin: 0px 0px 1em; line-height: 1.875em; font-size: 0.875em; color: #404041; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; -webkit-text-size-adjust: 100%;”>With Cyclescheme you can get any accessory that keeps your bike wheels turnings, like:</p>
    <p dir=”ltr” style=”margin: 0px 0px 1em; line-height: 1.875em; font-size: 0.875em; color: #404041; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; -webkit-text-size-adjust: 100%;”>Safety accessories – that help keep you and your bike safe; helmets, bike lights, reflectors, mirrors, bells, locks…</p>
    <p dir=”ltr” style=”margin: 0px 0px 1em; line-height: 1.875em; font-size: 0.875em; color: #404041; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; -webkit-text-size-adjust: 100%;”>Essential accessories – necessary to cycle commute; clothing and shoes, mudguards, panniers, backpacks, child safety seats…</p>
    <p dir=”ltr” style=”margin: 0px 0px 1em; line-height: 1.875em; font-size: 0.875em; color: #404041; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; -webkit-text-size-adjust: 100%;”>Components and parts – that keep your bike in great shape; pumps, puncture repair kits, cycle tool kits, tyre sealant, groupsets, wheels, cranksets, cassettes…</p>
    <p dir=”ltr” style=”margin: 0px 0px 1em; line-height: 1.875em; font-size: 0.875em; color: #404041; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; -webkit-text-size-adjust: 100%;”>In fact – you can get almost any cycle accessory with Cyclescheme! Shop online or in-store at over 2,000 Cyclescheme retailers and discover the accessories that can complement your cycle commute.</p>
    <p style=”margin: 0px 0px 1em; line-height: 1.875em; font-size: 0.875em; color: #404041; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; -webkit-text-size-adjust: 100%;”>Please note – cameras and GPS computers are not allowed under the Cycle to Work scheme.</p>

shooterman

Thanks. I’m thinking it could be useful to me in a couple of scenarios.

One is buy a lower spec model and then use the scheme for upgraded components (fork mainly) or use it to buy a fork and groupset on a custom build.

vincienup
    Free Member

That’s new!  There have always been shops prepared to bend the rules and allow a pile of bits, but strictly until whenever this came in nothing that isn’t a fully built bike, clothing, safety equipment or locks etc should have been leaving the shops.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Buying Components on C2W – Question’ is closed to new replies.