Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Buying a Refurbed iPhone Plus – 6 or 7 -what spec.
  • dovebiker

I’m in the market for a used iPhone – probably prefer the larger screen of the plus model so looking at the 6 or 7.  Is the 6 still a valid option – my Mrs is still using her 5 glitch-free?  Or it is worth spending extra on the 7 Plus and are there specs too avoid?

wobbliscott
    Free Member

I’ve got an iPhone 6 for my work phone updated to the very latest IOS and it works fine, not laggy at all. It’s a 64Gb version and still loads of memory left on it despite having loads of photo’s. I use Spotify mostly for music so no need to carry around terabytes of music…but even so on my 32Gb personal phone I’ve got thousands of songs on there and it takes up naff all memory as it’s ripped down to 256mb for the phone and sounds perfectly fine through ear bud earphones.

If I were you I’d be efficient about the use of memory and spend the money on the better phone, so 7 instead of 6 purely for longevity. My personal iPhone 5 is now unusable, battery has basically died and it runs so sluggishly, so better having the better phone in my opinion…you can always work within the memory limitations if you’re not lazy.

P-Jay
    Free Member

7 is waterproof to a fashion and pretty much the same as the current 8 (I’ve had the former and now the latter). They’ll be the last of the non-X series phones, but should have a decent lifespan.

I’d personally take a rough 7 with an original screen over a fancy looking referb, the after market screens aren’t nearly as robust.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Buying a Refurbed iPhone Plus – 6 or 7 -what spec.’ is closed to new replies.