• This topic has 11 replies, 9 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by ajaj.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Buying a house, conveyancing charges?
  • jakehinton
    Free Member

Im looking at buying my first house and ive had a quote of £1250 for the conveyancing. Thats from a solicitors the estate agent recommend. Looking online I got another quote of £1250 and one of only £650. Is the cheaper one likely to be dodgy somehow or just not including things which they will try to add on later? Whats the normal average for these type of fees? Its first time buy and the house is just under £150000.

Thanks for any input!

genesiscore502011
    Free Member

1250 sounds about right – as a mortgage advisor I tell clients/customers to budget from 1200-1500 depending on purchase price and lease/freehold arrangement. Stamp Duty would be on top (not for you as a First Time Buyer). The 650 is more than likely purely the solicitors/lc fees and does not include all related disbursements.

jakehinton
    Free Member

Thanks. The initial quote was from myhomemove who seem to have quite inconsistent reviews. Just waiting for quotes from a couple of local solicitors but nice to know what sort of figure ill be looking at.

Rockhopper
    Free Member

I paid £450 plus VAT using the sol recommended by my builder.  Searches were on top of that which were another £350 ish

dlr

£1250 is that all the searches and solictor letters etc ie the whole lot? Looking at buying my first place but might have to add to that purchase budget part if searches etc are on top of that sort of figure!

cp

We paid about 1250 on a freehold property all-in

lunge

Seems about right to me, certainly not overly expensive. Where are you based as I may be able to recommend someone to compare to if you need it.

jakehinton
    Free Member

Yes that includes the searches. Im on the North Devon/North Cornwall border between Bideford and Bude.

tonyg2003

We’re moving and we had quotes around £1250-1400 for all the solicitors fees (freehold, no mortgage) too.

dlr

Phew, my n+1 separate bike fund was getting worried for a minute

bear-uk
    Free Member

Having just done the searches myself for a property I have inherited but yet to get the conveyancing done. They cost £1 per person searched. Its only to check if anyone has been bankrupt and the property is ok to transfer.

Think I paid around £7 for searches dating back to 1910.

I was going to do it myself but the system makes it very hard. Like yourself I don’t want ripping off. Maybe my searches will be accepted to reduce the bill.

ajaj
    Free Member

Our remortgage last month cost £205 for the conveyancer plus £110 in various charges (searches, insurance, banks). Both plus VAT.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Buying a house, conveyancing charges?’ is closed to new replies.