• This topic has 12 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by JoeG.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Buying a helmet direct from China
  • Just wondering if anyone on here has bought a helmet direct from china and their experiences? They are all CE marked and you seem to get a lot for your money.

You seem to pay so much for a high end helmet but I can’t really see where the extra money is going between a £50 and £100 helmet?

druidh
    Free Member

Of course they are

cynic-al
    Free Member

OK, I’m happy to ask.

Why?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

You seem to pay so much for a high end helmet but I can’t really see where the extra money is going between a £50 and £100 helmet?

Probably paying for some R&D rather than for a label printer for the CE sticker.

nigelb001
    Free Member

I’d rather spend £100 and keep my head in one piece.

gifferkev

Check the shape of the CE on the sticker, there’s a subtle difference between ‘Chinese engineered’ and the real CE mark

druidh
    Free Member

What they should do is print the CE mark on some of that stuff they make Aircraft Black Boxes from and then cover the whole helmet in it.

jambo13
    Free Member

It’s worth spending the money on some things. If you don’t want to pay £100 then buy a £50 helmet from a reputable place.

why do you think the CE marking won’t be genuine? You can buy a £20 helmet from a reputable place with a CE marking.
    Where do you think 99% of the helmets you buy are made? Kask seem to be the only ones who manufacture in Italy.

BearBack
    Free Member

There’s a vast difference between “meeting” type approval and being as safe as you’d like.

druidh
    Free Member

Maybe because there’s a huge amount of counterfeit goods originating in China? Are you really unaware of this?

You can buy a £20 helmet from a reputable place with a CE marking.

So – buy one.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

of course you could just buy a £20 helmet from the UK that does the same job £100 one.

JoeG
    Free Member

UVEX are made in Germany. That’s what I’m using.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Buying a helmet direct from China’ is closed to new replies.