Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Buying a camera from eBay / Hong Kong
  • aphex_2k
    Free Member

Managed to break my Lumix FZ28. Looking around it seems the new FZ38 is available with a memory card, tripod, case, cleaning products and a UV filter and free delivery to me in Oz. Seller has good feedback 2000+.

Aside from not getting a warranty, any other caveats?

GrahamS

Who is it? Digital Rev operate on eBay, ship from Hong Kong and also their own website. I've got stuff from them before and I'm currently waiting on a camcorder from them.

http://www.digitalrev.com/en/index.php

aphex_2k
    Free Member

DigiRev is a little more expensive – I was looking at Citiwide.

Don't know what I was looking at, but feedback is 30,000 not 2000 and 99.4%. I think both companies are much of a muchness really.

GrahamS

Yeah sounds fairly safe to me.

Watch out for import tax. Digital Rev are slightly more expensive because they do pay import tax. Some less scrupulous sellers (don't know about Citiwide) don't declare the item – which either leaves you with a bargain or a hefty administration fee from customs.

Also check it has UK plugs (though pretty easy sorted if it doesn't).

aphex_2k
    Free Member

I'm in Oz for another 6 months anyway so a UK plug isn't vital right now. I can always order a UK spec charger when I get back as bits and bobs like that are cheap as on eBay too.

Gutted to have broken my camera but glad I can replace and upgrade at the same time.

Cheers…

BTW…All I have at the moment is a crappy Nikon that takes pics like these…

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Just an update.

Managed to get the FZ38 with an 8gb Kingston card, lense cleaner kit and screen protector, delivered from HK in 3 days for little more than half the price I could have bought it from in Oz. And didn't get stung by import tax either. Went with CitiWide.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Buying a camera from eBay / Hong Kong’ is closed to new replies.