Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • Buying a bike without a test ride….would you ?
  • Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

I don’t think I have ever had a test ride… mountain bike OR motorbike 😉

Going to change that next time on both fronts I suspect!

Dan1502
    Free Member

In case you are interested, Goldtec have an Orange demo day coming up on 21 June (I think it’s an evening but need to check). They’re also an Ibis dealer but I’m not sure if there will be any of those to try.

geoffj

Is there any evidence that having a test fleet touring the country increases sales?
    I suspect not. With the exception of Boardman, there are plenty of places which will sort you out with a demo bike if you are willing to pay.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    midlifecrashes

You can hire/demo a decent range of bikes includeing Trek at Swinnertons on Cannock, and Lapierres (among others)at Dalby.

Raindog
    Free Member

I can get a demo on most of the bikes I’m interested in, some from my LBS (Oneplanet @ Llandegla) and some by travelling to demo days. What surprises me is that I went to a large, well stocked bike shop who gave no information at all about how to try the bikes they stock.

walleater

I haven’t properly test ridden a bike in the 20+ years I’ve been mountain biking. Hell, we sell bikes and I’ve not bothered to take any out. It takes loads of rides to totally get ‘in the zone’ on a bike and ride it in such a way that you pretty well forget it’s there.

Same with cars. Sure you can take one out, but all you’ll probably be thinking in reality is “Ooooh it’s a new car! Look at all the buttons!”.

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘Buying a bike without a test ride….would you ?’ is closed to new replies.