Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Buying a bike from Ebay. Any Gotcha's ?
  • Davesport

Not my usual MO, but I’ve seen something I like on Fleabay. The ad looks genuine & the seller has answered all my questions.

It’s a couple of grand which isn’t a huge punt but I’d like to hear the collective advice prior to pushing the button.

Thanks in advance, Dave.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

Make sure they have the original proof of purchase.

If it’s nicked, it’s you who’s out of pocket and eBay won’t want to know.

hebdencyclist
    Free Member

As long as you pay with Paypal you can enjoy relative peace of mind. Unless it’s nicked, I guess…

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    wicki
    Free Member

For that money i would want to see it first, pics allways look good and one mans opinion of condition may not be the same as another..

on the whole I would be dubious and unless you physically see it I would say dont go there.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

Google it too. I was looking at a bike that was someones pride and joy; had it since new; polished after every ride.

Turns out it had been sold (on the same website) at least 3 times.

So if the seller is full of it about how long he’s had it etc. what else is he hiding?

ampthill

Just take a long hard look at everything

What else have they sold. Do they look like a keen cyclist.

It sounds silly but when i bought an ebay camera I was swayed by the quality of the patio furniture set it was photographed on. I was impressed by the camera they said they used instead. It just all fitted together for some one who would look after a camera and wouldn’t need to worry if i felt I had a legitimate complaint after the sale

ricky1
    Free Member

Personally I wouldn’t spend or sell anything more than £200 on fleabay,no warranty for a start,could you not put the 2 k down on something brand new which is yours from the word go,you would be gutted if in a few weeks you found a crack,not saying it has a crack but that’s the problem with eBay,you can’t really check,unless you ask the seller to view?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Buying a bike from Ebay. Any Gotcha's ?’ is closed to new replies.