Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Buybikebits and ATB/Whyte Bikes
  • simonfullsmith
    Free Member

Some advice please

I bought some brand new but definitely OEM Fox 2014 CTD black and lime green forks from eBay (no packaging, uncut steerer, no star nut or manual etc)from a user called “surplusbikebits” but now the forks are leaking fluid everywhere. At the bottom of the description was a link to another website called buybikebits which had a phone number on. I have tried ringing it and sending emails but get no response, so I searched around the site and under customer testimonials http://www.buybikebits.co.uk/acatalog/About_Us-1.html
    I noticed they had cut and pasted some of their reviews but up in the top right hand corner was an ATB facebook button. so I tried calling ATB but they say they have never heard of buybikebits. So my question is will I be able to send my forks back to MOJO with my ebay reciept showing I bought them less than a year ago and will they fix them under warranty??
    If not, does anyone else have any ideas??

Cheers

Simon

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Some issues…

OEM forks are for sale to bike companies to fit to new bikes. They are not generally for sale to end users/or shpuld not be.
    The probably means you are not the 1st owner of the fork (technically) so you may not have a warranty.

Your initial warranty will be with the e-bay seller (were they listed as new?) if you have only just got them you could raise a dispute for not as described.

Your best bet would be to initially go through the ebay seller, if you can’t get hold of them at all then that is poor form especially if they are still trading on ebay.

You can try Mojo but it will be at their discretion (the forks may be non UK or anything) they might be interested to know who is flogging OEM as new too.

wiggles
    Free Member

ATB are an importer/distributors not a direct seller. Just give mojo a ring and ask.

simonfullsmith
    Free Member

Thank you for the advice, going back through eBay or paypal might be a good idea, (I am really new to eBay and they were such a bargain -£360!!) if not I might try ATB, as looking at the buybikebits website it looks like they are about to change their name. Being green to eBay I might have to read the instruction and as a man I try to avoid doing this. They were definitely brand new as the steerer was uncut and didn’t have a star nut fitted, my local IBD had to cut then down for me (quiet a lot as I’m only a medium, lol) the description did not mention they were OEM. I will let you know how I got on and if all else fails I will have to hope MOJO can help. It was obviously to good to be true, I should have listened to my mum all those years ago, “if it’s too good to be true, it probably is”

Thank you once again

Simon

mboy
    Free Member

In my experience, they are a good eBay seller. Have bought a few bits off them over the last few years, all of it has been great.

If you have an issue with something you bought on eBay, you MUST go through eBay to resolve it. You’ll find if you send the seller a message on eBay explaining your problem, they should be able to help you out one way or another. The and again I’ve seen people get negative feedback when there was an issue with the product, that had the buyer contacted the seller first, the seller would have been only too happy to help out with.

simonfullsmith
    Free Member

Thank you everyone for all of your advice, looking at their google feedback I can see someone else had a problem with OEM SRAM Brakes. I will contact them via eBay and see what happens, they don’t seem to have much bad eBay feedback so hopefully they will respond to a message via eBay

Cheers once again

Simon

bigbloke
    Free Member

I bought a brand new Marin bike last year October iirc from “Brandedcomponents” on ebay which was ATB themselves , they were registered as a business seller. All delivery labels confirmed it was them too. They don’t seem to have been active on ebay in the last 6 months, unless they have created several seller ID’s?

gobuchul
    Free Member

Did you use PayPal?

I have found that if there’s a problem Ebay and Paypal normally settle in favour of the buyer.

Raise a problem with the seller through Ebay.

simonfullsmith
    Free Member

Cheers everyone
    The only reason I said ATB was their Facebook icon was on the customer testimonial page, I guess so you can like the page.
    I know they have several eBay ID’s as the same forks were on highendbikebits, which is now closed
    But I have gone down the eBay message route, I will wait for an answer and let everyone know.

Cheers again

Simon

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I know they have several eBay ID’s as the same forks were on highendbikebits, which is now closed

I know there are some positives above but this would be ringing a lot of alarm bells.

simonfullsmith
    Free Member

Hi Mikewsmith

It does ring a lot of alarm bells, that’s why I posted it on here for advice, to make matters worse, it was actually my wife who bought them for me as a Birthday present and paid direct for them outside of eBay to save on “fees” . Fortunately she did use pay pal, so I have the eBay advert and the paypal receipt so hopefully I can get them sorted tomorrow morning.

Cheers

Simon

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I can see why they keep closing their ebay accounts (or having them closed) Good Luck

simonfullsmith
    Free Member

I was obviously right about ATB/Whyte bikes and buybikebits being connected as they have taken down the testimonials page which had the ATB logo on

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Buybikebits and ATB/Whyte Bikes’ is closed to new replies.