Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Buy your way into the front row of mega quali – discuss.
  • tracknicko
    Free Member

According to dirt's homepage a certain holiday company is throwing in a front row start in the mega quali if you buy your holiday package with them.

Caused a bit of a stir with some.

Any thoughts from you guys?

linky:

Want to get on the front row of the Megavalanche?

jam-bo

if you cant hack it, your gonna get run over. simples.

cupid-stunt
    Free Member

It's out of order, being able to buy your place, rather than earn it.

ddmonkey

Yes – I lucked into a 2nd row spot and couldn't stay with the pace off the start, a couple of big crashes in front of me which I had to avoid too. But if they have got the slots available why not.

nonk
    Free Member

what jambo said. how many of you would want to be on the front row? 😯

grahamt1980

If you are slow and buy your way there you are toast. They will get done on the first few corners easy if they are crap

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

Awesome, all I have to do now is buy a jet pack and a mile long pole to clothesline anyone trying to overtake me, and I'll be sorted for teh win.

tracknicko
    Free Member

by definition i would have thought that people going for this offer are not fast enough for the positions.. otherwise previous results etc. would have them there anyway when they enterred in the traditional manner…

so they ARE taking the slots of riders who deserve them?

perhaps?

hels
    Free Member

Its a front row place in the Qualifying heats, not the actual race, so if you are rubbish it won't help you anyway ?

fbk
    Free Member

I'm pretty certain the row you start in for the qualifying run is purely down to chance anyway rather than any previous results/skill level (done via a "lottery" draw) so I don't see the problem.

As other suggest, if you're not good enough to be there you'll soon realise 😉

grumm
    Free Member

by definition i would have thought that people going for this offer are not fast enough for the positions

Some people without previous results usually get in the front row as well. Can't say I'm overly bothered by it personally.

tracknicko
    Free Member

norfolk – it is done by prev race results. + an aspect of 1st come 1st served….

grumm – i dont think they'll get in the front row mate.

grumm
    Free Member

grumm – i dont think they'll get in the front row mate.

I know someone who got into the front row with no previous results. I think they put all the people with results/pros in the front row first, then fill the rest of the places up randomly.

tracknicko
    Free Member

i am suprised to the extent of disbelief.

GaryLake
    Free Member

well i’ve just cheated my way to the front of the mega!!!
    no gloves for me though as it’s just not cool. and to mr norton, as a way of sorry for getting in your way how about i offer to fondle your balls as you rip past me

This made me lol

grumm
    Free Member

Well believe what you like. I was in the second row and I'd never been in any races before. 🙂

This is from the email from Sara @ Flowmtb – true as I understand it.

There are always a few spaces in the early row for ‘normal’ people who register. Because of our long standing relationship with the Avalanche Cup and our work with them on promoting their events we have been able to pre-reserve 5 of those. There are many many more early positions going to other ‘normal’ riders.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Buy your way into the front row of mega quali – discuss.’ is closed to new replies.