Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Buy this bike, get free suspension patent
  • krixmeister

Looks interesting. As in “crazy over-engineered better mousetrap” interesting.

I’m sure there’s a good story behind it – anyone know more?

Via Jalopnik: Buy This Weird $2,500 Mountain Bike That Comes With Its Own Patent So I Don’t Have To

tomhoward

Has he invented the USE SUB fork, from 20 years ago?

chakaping
    Free Member

Nice bit of fillet brazing on that frame tho.

ads678

Thank you @tomhoward I was racking my brains for which one that was. Kept thinking it was a Foes one but knew it wasn’t that.

kelvin

It’s a long way from the SUB. Almost the opposite of it. Except for being single sided of course.

thols2

Jesus, that’s going to be so flextastic, even if the pivot bearings and shock seize up, it’ll still feel like one of those first generation Sids that were made from recycled ramen noodles.

tomhoward

Ah, I got as far as ‘lefty, but with anti dive’. How’s it different?

tjagain

Interesting – paralellogram with a trailing link

No reason it should be flexible – it might be or might not be. Others have done single sided fronts without flex and trailing link is nothing new either. making it a parallelogram is an interesting twist.

Not patentable tho ( outside of the US) as its very similar to some early scooters

thols2

No reason it should be flexible

Did you look at the pictures of it?

tjagain

yes I did. a use sub fork is a swinging arm fork single sided – thats not flexy is it? Quite a few small motorcycles use single sided front ends – are they flexy? there is no inherent reason why this should be. That pivot looks nice and strong and only one pivot between the wheel axle and the frame with a parallelogram or floating brake.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Buy this bike, get free suspension patent’ is closed to new replies.