Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Busy in the back of the van
  • bookwyse
    Free Member

Been busy sorting the back of the van out at last. Its a LWB Vivaro crewcab and I like to be able to just wheel the bikes in and out without having to put wheels etc on.

So its been pannelledand had a false floor built with two 1000cm drawers accessible from the rear on 35kg runners. The front is accessable via two hatches. It was then carpeted and the floor vinyled in order to make it easier to clean.

Just waiting on more carpet to do the roof and the rest of the rear doors.

The floor si at the height it is in order to be able to wheel the bikes in, any higher, ie over the wheel arches, and they wouldn’t fit. The bikes are then strapped on either side. Usually have a minimum of four bikes.

The two smaller cubbie holes either side at the rear hold spare straps, tubes etc.

One of the drawers hold all of the helmets, camelbaks etc that are normally used. The other holds various items including small cooker, brew kits , tarp and poles etc.

notmyrealname
    Free Member

Looks good.

Rubber_Buccaneer

Busy in the back of the van

I can’t see the pictures at work but I’m guessing this isn’t the dogging thread I was expecting.

unovolo
    Free Member

Very good so far,rear doors are under utilised though could you not remove the plastic door card and fit either MDf or ply and use that to hang things off when open ie.Stove , mini sink, possible even rig up some sort of shower unit if so inclined.

scotroutes

Photos aren’t showing at all now

bookwyse
    Free Member

I can see them

scotroutes

Aye – working now. It’s because you’re using Photobucket and it limits the bandwidth being served.

Anyway – good job. I like some of your storage ideas.

BTW – you can buy little cargo nets that will fit neatly over the recess in the rear door card.

frogstomp

Nice! I was contemplating the possibility of doing something similar but with the bike(s) in the slide-out drawers (bars turned, pedals off) leaving space for whatever on top…

bookwyse
    Free Member

Cheers Scotroutes,

I will see if I can find some of the nets for the rear doors as it will make use of the otherwise wasted space.

The idea is is to have the most used things in the drawers and handy and the least used stuff, i.e. bike packing equipment in the front compartments.

Have already placed speakers by the rear seats (hence the boxes on the sides) and have just ordered replacement speakers for the front.

bookwyse
    Free Member

Frogstomp,

The bikes in drawers sounds like a good idea but at times I have five or six bikes in the van. Hence the current layout.

I have found the nets and ordered a pair for the rear doors.

Am currently debating whether to carpet the crew cab divide on the other side (ie where the seats are) to match as well.

siwhite
    Free Member

In Land Rover circles it’s quite common to have a little fold-down shelf on the rear door which you can set up your stove…

I’d also consider an awning which you can easily rig over the open rear doors, to have a sheltered area in which to change / drink tea.

bookwyse
    Free Member

Not bothered about cooking in it, but I do have a tarp that can either go over the back doors or attach to the roof bars at the side with a couple of poles for the other side.

mandog

I like that, nice work. Do you sleep in it also?

bookwyse
    Free Member

We could sleep in it but prefer not to.

granny_ring

Good work OP, also like the door shelf of the landy.

endurogangster
    Free Member

Get a mattress in the back of that and some ‘bang mobile’ stickers for the side and you’ll be knee deep in clunge in no time!

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Busy in the back of the van’ is closed to new replies.