Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Busted Fox Talas????
  • waller
    Free Member

Hi guys,

If I compress my Talas and then pop a wheelie they make noise that’s not dissimilar to “uuurrrrrrrrtttttccccchhhhhhh” just wondered if that’s normal?

They still bounce fine and there is not any wear to the stanchions. Does anyone else get this noise when your being rad? 🙂

Cheers for any help. I will get them serviced but didn’t want to pay for a service and find out they are effectively dead.

Bought them 2nd hand.

Cheers,

KonaTC

TF Tuned are your friends

+44 (0)1373 826800 – Please call rather than email if you possibly can.

If you do need to email we have 2 options to help you get the fastest response.

technicians@tftunedshox.com – If you have a technical question.

service@tftunedshox.com – For enquiries relating to service bookings, the online shop, couriers or other general business enquiries.

By Post

TF Tuned Shox
    14 Kingdom Avenue
    Northacre Ind. Park
    Westbury
    BA13 4EW
    UK

dday

Rebound compression set to ‘slow’?

waller
    Free Member

Just given them a call cheers Kona.

Noise is present if the rebound is set high or low. I’m just wondering if there isn’t any oil left on the seals?…

Are they difficult to service?

jes
    Free Member

I had some from new talas 180s that made a weird noise under compression at the low travel setting.
    A bit of research indicated they were shipping with low oil levels in the lower legs.
    So removed lower legs and measured the oil volume that came out, which was about 10% Of the recommended volume.
    Reassembled with the correct amount Of oil and the noise stopped.
    So check oil levels in the lower leg, fairly simple process to do.

jes
    Free Member

DP

waller
    Free Member

Cheers Jes. I will pull them apart tonight and have a butchers at the internals and also quantity/quality of the oil.

They were tf tuned at some point on their life but I don’t know when this last was. I will then make a conclusion as to DIY it or not. Here’s to crossed fingers 🙂

waller
    Free Member

Got them apart. 100ml of oil in the damper side. Nowt in the talas. Oil was browny red and the seals were as black as a witches tit.

New seals and oil on order.

Just one last question. For some reason I decided to let a the air out of the talas side and with the air a fair bit of oil sprayed out. Do I need to worry about this at all?

Cheers,

dirtydog
    Free Member

It’s a bit of float fluid, there’s 5ml on top of the air piston.

It wouldn’t hurt to clean it out and renew the fluid.

waller
    Free Member

Cool. The stuff that came out was pretty brown looking.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Busted Fox Talas????’ is closed to new replies.