Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 50 total)
  • Businesses you’d LIKE to see go bust
  • RudeBoy
    Free Member

Following the demise of such high-street favourites as Woolworths, etc, which businesses/shops would you like to see go under? I mean, if there were no people losing there jobs and that, of course. I don’t mean to be disrespectful to them.

So, who would you gladly see the back of?

Me:

Iceland: Profiting from selling crap to obese people, when better nutrition is what’s really needed.

McDonalds: See above, plus they’re ****.

Carphone Whorehouse: Who cares if you’ve got the latest **** flashy fashion-symbol? It’s a **** phone, ffs.

Chain pubs: Putting decent pubs out of business, and never having any decent beer on tap.

Hackett: Nasty, nasty clothes, worn by total w4nkers.

BT: for medical reasons (my sanity), I will not go into detail. Utter, utter useless **** ****.

I’d better stop there. I can feel the mist descending, and my bood pressure rising.

Where’s me Valium?

Peregrine
    Free Member

Jo Baxi’s taxi’s in Rochdale cos one of em ran in to me tonight, luckily all ok AND i kept calm and rode away. No point in ranting at him cos it doesn’t make a bit of difference.

TWONKS

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Bernard matthews – Selling absolute sh1te for years, now trying to look farmy and wholesome.

Subway – For gross smell on every high street.

New look – I’d love to not have to go in there ever again (with the wife obviously!)

JJB – (looking likely btw) for selling nedwear (chavwear in scotland) to the masses.

Starbucks – After a particularly distasteful incident in Barcelona involving an asian homeless women with a baby and a toilet with a keycode lock.

Costco – I don’t know why, just don’t like the idea of it.

SKY – To bring the premiership footballer back down to earth with one huge **** earth shattering bang!.

All the picture loans type folk who pray on the feral and the feckless.

Celtic – for personal reasons.

neverfastenuff
    Free Member

Tesco, foods shite, fruit and veg is shite – swallowing smaller businesses

EdRicketts
    Free Member

British Gas – lets just say I have my reasons!
    Ryanair – Michael O’Leary (no other reason required IMHO).

sootyandjim
    Free Member

Primark – Their clothes are cr@p but then again that may be because they are made by 10 year olds in sweatshops.

Sports shops that don’t sell sportswear primarily to be used in sports activities (running from the police isn’t a legitimate sports activity).

sootyandjim
    Free Member

Oh and AW Helicopters. Then there might be a chance that the British military won’t once again have a completely unsuitable aircraft (FLynx) thrust upon them just to protect British jobs.

druidh
    Free Member

Wiggle, CRC, Merlin and all yer LBS’s. Who needs a rear mech that’s 20g lighter, lights that have 20 more lumens than last year etc? They’re just selling lifestyle upgrades to middle-class wannabe-downhillers. They’re only bikes FFS!

Daffy

What’s wrong with the Lynx?

I like Tesco.

epsilon
    Free Member

**** DFS – For their rage inducing averts.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Nestle

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Halifax building society, for inflicting that **** Howard on us.

Oh, hang on, hasn’t someone already tried to destroy them? Understandable, really.

Some good calls, here. Sky, Starbucks, Bernard Matthews..

Daffy

druidh – don’t you have a titanium hardtail with custom lettering?

druidh
    Free Member

Daffy – Member

druidh – don’t you have a titanium hardtail with custom lettering?

Your point is, caller? 😆

sootyandjim
    Free Member

What’s wrong with the Lynx?

Daffy – Its not the Lynx thats the problem here, it does what it was designed to do, its the Future Lynx that’ll be the problem. Great for the RN, sh!te for Teenie Weenie Airways.

Daffy

Your point is, caller? 🙂

Not sure really….

Hairychested
    Free Member

Ryanair – bunch of ar$eholes (luggage allowed flying out, not allowed on the way back – size issues).
    Starbucks – for closing Seattle Coffee Company.
    McDonalds/Burger King/KFC – all the chavs would die starving.
    Island – awful, vomit-inducing ads.
    Barclays/Lloyds/etc – ain’t it obvious?

neverfastenuff
    Free Member

CARD SHOPS — THAT THE ONE IVE BEEN DREAMING ABOUT, LOST COUNT ON HOW MANY TIMES i HAVE BEEN DRAGGED ROUND THEM for cards for people I dont even know,,, blokey nightmare…

stoat

Honey Monster Foods, ruddy honey monster…

Hairychested
    Free Member

Next – for their sales 😉

atlaz
    Free Member

Starbucks – for closing Seattle Coffee Company.

That’s why it was started by the founder. Her business plan was always to create a market so that one of the big ones from the US (Seattles Best, Tullys, Starbucks etc) would come and want to get an instant foot in the door.

Back on topic… estate agents.

ton

EBAY
    PAYPAL
    CRC
    WIGGLE
    ANY **** THING TO DO WITH BIKES….OR THEIR SALES.

AlasdairMc

PC World
    McDonalds
    Every shortselling hedge fund in existence

djglover
    Free Member

sootyandjim – Member
    Primark

If primark et all didn’t exist, then those 10 year old kids would have nothing, you heartless man.

epicyclo

Any place selling crap bikes

fliptophead
    Free Member

Currys/Comet/Overpricedwarrantiesareus etc

mikewsmith
    Free Member

easyjet and ryanair for trying to convince us that paying the same money for no sevice is worth if because it’s a bargin and want to fight just to sit next to each other

RooleyMoor
    Free Member

peregrine, it would have been a waste of time ranting at the driver.. He wouldn’t have understood you! 😀

I’d like to see PC World disappear off the face of the planet.. Who needs a computer shop that sells exercise equipment!

boblo
    Free Member

Tiscali. The worst customer service in the world bar none. Fact. Aannnnd breath……

activeDuty
    Free Member

obviously nobody on here who’s had their own business fail then. Why would you wish for somebody else’s to go bust, witht eh associated job losses and pain. Selfish ****.

Don’t use ’em if you don’t want,

RooleyMoor
    Free Member

ActiveDuty, mine failed. Mainly because I was useless 🙂

chakaping
    Free Member

Only British Gas.

The single worst organisation I’ve ever had the misfortune to have to deal with.

mike_check
    Free Member

Sky TV and The **** S*n ‘news’paper…oh and HMV and chain pubs (Litten Tree etc…argh!) and also the entire financial and insurance industries, little more than extortion.

also, could I class war mongering governments as businesses?

To be honest, I hate most things except cycle industry, independent record shops/labels and local farm shops and stuff.

I’m a bitter, cynical old bastard, and I’m only young really!

Midnighthour
    Free Member

Any company such as those advertised by Carol Vorderman, who appear to say if you are in debt, the best thing to do is go out and buy a brand new car so your neighbours admire you.

All the companies who advertise in the afternoon making old people feel guilty for not having pre-paid for thier funeral, as it makes them a burden on thier family. Always nice to be reminded you are old, worthless and will die soon. I dont understand why these sick adverts are ever permitted anyway.

RooleyMoor
    Free Member

Brighthouse… Yes we know you’re in debt, we don’t care.. You can have this 1000″ lcd tv for £5000 with easy payments at 900% apr…

sofatester
    Free Member

The one that makes speed cameras would be a nice start to the new year!

Vortexracing

Any company that is GREEDY!

It would appear in this day and age that it’s not what you do it’s how much dosh you make.

People don’t appear happy/content with making a product and selling it AKA Tesco, originally sold food, they are now in to everthing, greedy barstewards.

There will be a revolution before long. (according to my Grandad anyway, God rest his soul)

I sometimes worry what sort of world my 2 kids have in front of them.

Smee
    Free Member

Manchester United and Chelsea.

Also, any of those losers that make a tv programme just to show how rich they are…

sofatester
    Free Member

djglover
    Free Member

Can’t see the problem with Tesco, if they beat the other retailers at their own game then I say well done.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘Businesses you’d LIKE to see go bust’ is closed to new replies.