Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Business plan writing- for an Events Organiser.
  • Ambrose

HELP! Does anyone know anything about business plans? Robert, Ambrose’s No1 Son has to write one as part of his degree course and is getting more and more stuck. If anyone can offer me or him any help I’d be very grateful because I don’t think I know much about this.

Rob is studying Sound Technology in Cardiff and is coming to the end of his final year. Reality is looming.

Cheers folks, Ambrose.

Cake is available as payment!

stavromuller
    Free Member

I have often found that a business plan is the greatest work of fiction a man can write

Ambrose

I can sympathise with that. But when it’s my son’s future I do get a bit involved.

Ambrose

I have advised him to watch some Dragon’s Den episodes, plus some Kitchen Nightmares.

hels
    Free Member

Depends on the purpose/target etc ? How long does it have to be, assume there is a word limit if it’s for an assignment.

I would start by getting all the facts together. How many people, costs, potential income etc, all the known quantities.

Then draft a structure for the document, I assume the purpose is a feasibility study for an event ? So needs a conclusion at the end !

chewkw
    Free Member

Google this business plan for events management company.

Plenty of info there.

Philby

I have emailed you a business planning guide I wrote which was mainly aimed at charities, but the key principles and structures apply in any sector.

Hope it will be useful – sorry don’t know much about events management but assume he knows something about the industry.

Ambrose

I think it is more long term than just a single event but I may be wrong. I’ve just phoned him for an answer.

Ambrose

Ambrose

You Guys- so much cake is being baked here!

Thanks!

Ambrose

Singletrackworld- the gift that just keeps on giving 🙂

Ambrose

trevron73
    Free Member

I have Headed up 3 worldwide events companies and worked in worldwide events for 20 years. Events organiser is a secretary ?Thats all, some one who liaises all the workers together and builds up a sense of self importance. So the plan should get that across in a jokey semi sarcastic fashion and then concentrate on the fact you/he will hire the best company’s to deliver the end goal – do not stress too little that he/you understand the company’s will do the work and therefore show you know you are a small but crucial cog in a large wheel ,but ultimately stress you will be on site at all stages to see the event a success – simples

trevron73
    Free Member

I have Headed up 3 worldwide events companies and worked in worldwide events for 20 years. Events organiser is a secretary ?Thats all, some one who liaises all the workers together and builds up a sense of self importance. So the plan should get that across in a jokey semi sarcastic fashion and then concentrate on the fact you/he will hire the best company’s to deliver the end goal – do not stress too little that he/you understand the company’s will do the work and therefore show you know you are a small but crucial cog in a large wheel ,but ultimately stress you will be on site at all stages to see the event a success – simples

Ambrose

Thanks Trev 🙂

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Business plan writing- for an Events Organiser.’ is closed to new replies.