Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Business idea
  • limburger
    Free Member

I have a plan and want to test it here first. Not all mountain bikers enjoy riding downhill, especially in the muddy season when the trails are slippery and very, very dangerous. I also know that many of us enjoy climbing. Now, if I were to offer a downlift service for climbers in, say, Bike Park Wales, would there be interest? You ride your singlespeed rigid 29er to the top, and I bring you down safely in the comfort of my van, so you can go again! Do I have a market?

sssimon
    Free Member

you could double your income if you took the downhillers up and and the uphillers down

clubber
    Free Member

😀

5thElefant
    Free Member

muddy season when the trails are slippery

Will your van will use the same trails or the road? Hang on… I’ve spotted a flaw…

scaredypants

what sort of on-board race-snacks will you be offering ?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Will the seats in the van be clean?

grum
    Free Member

Roadies actually do this in the Alps don’t they. The perverts.

thepurist

As an added extra, on rainy days you could offer a service where bikers just put their bikes in the back of the van then you drive them round a fire road loop, so they get to experience the ‘trails’ they’d have ridden without getting wet or having to clean their bikes at the end.

LoveTubs
    Free Member

Will there be 26r and 29r specific trails?

kayak23

I don’t really like riding up or down. If I come to your centre, will you take me home again?

Dibbs
    Free Member

Will your van will use the same trails or the road? Hang on… I’ve spotted a flaw…

🙄

treaclesponge
    Free Member

Will there be 26r and 29r specific vans?

FTFY

wwaswas

I want a 650B van to make those downlifts really come alive…

fasthaggis

Could you drive me down just a bit faster than the best Strava time ?

Thanks

FH

number18
    Free Member

grum – Member

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

treaclesponge – Member
    Will there be 26r and 29r specific vans?
    FTFY

[Serious mode]
    As it happens, the chaps at BPW were pointing out the other day that their trailers aren’t really 29er friendly as they don’t fit in properly!

[/Serious mode]

doug_basqueMTB.com

You laugh but I’ve had one group out mountain biking who asked me for that. The wanted one more climb but didn’t fancy the descent afterwards!

wwaswas

were they German?

LoCo
    Free Member

How much to have our logo on the side of the van?

doug_basqueMTB.com

They were Belgian. Incredibly fast on the ups! Nice guys but I just think they didn’t read anything on the website before booking or look at any of the pics or vids! We had fun nevertheless 🙂

clubber
    Free Member

“Loco. For riders who don’t like riding”

You’ll be swamped with business from here 🙂

LoCo
    Free Member

😆 harsh

limburger
    Free Member

Loco,
    Sure, your logo will be on the Limburger’s DownLift Van. I will send an invoice. The Van will operate in the Belgian Ardennes, near the German border. When I posted a similar call on the main Belgian mtb website (thank you, Google Translate!), I received about 400 enthusiastic replies straight away, including 6 from people who wanted to make sure they had a season ticket before they sold out. I’m thinking of operating a chain of downlifters over there. You Brits are all just too cynical for me, thinking I was writing in jest. Belgium, here I come!
    L

fasthaggis

Belgium, here I come!

Next stop Norfolk 😉

chives
    Free Member

What tyres for Van Downlifting?

clubber
    Free Member

I wonder if we could send Belgium all our uphills and they send us all their downhills. Everyone would be happy and it’d be a great trade.

toys19
    Free Member

Indeed, disgusting.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Will the van be rigid ?

Will it have gears ? Are they xtr.

Does the van come with a towel rail ?? Or some other niche addition – perhaps a funny shaped steering wheel or some custome bent wishbones up front ?

iolo
    Free Member

You may joke but this actually happened in Antur Stiniog a few weeks ago.
    They were from Yorkshire.

alfabus
    Free Member

could you accompany me on an alpine tour, where I ride up the hills on a road bike, and down the other side on my mountain bike? you’d meet me at the transitions to hand over the appropriate bike.

there could be more transitions at mid points if there was a bit of undulating, so I could swap a DH bike for an XC bike.

thepurist

When I posted a similar call on the main Belgian mtb website (thank you, Google Translate!), I received about 400 enthusiastic replies straight away, including 6 from people who wanted to make sure they had a season ticket before they sold out.

LOIDH!

iolo – Member

You may joke but this actually happened in Antur Stiniog a few weeks ago.
    They were from Yorkshire.

I read this, but read it that they weren’t from Yorkshire…or that they had done 26 runs already. Either way, Yorkshiremen are hard as nails, so watch it! 😉

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘Business idea’ is closed to new replies.