Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Business help please
  • gooner69

looking to run a landline phone. But I dont want to even have a phone plugged in as my office is at home, I just need it to divert immediately to a mobile.
    Anyone have any experience of this and suggestion who to use?

Thanks In advance.

oldtennisshoes

I use Soho66 for a virtual landline number which is routed to my mobile.

mattyfez

I guess the cheapest option would be to plug a normal phone in that has call forwarding function?

gooner69

I dont have a landline Matty, just want an option to use a “real” number on the website etc.

the-muffin-man

just want an option to use a “real” number on the website etc.

Not sure if anyone cares about that anymore. People are so used to calling mobiles now.

IHN

Not sure if anyone cares about that anymore. People are so used to calling mobiles now.

It’s stupid I know, but I always think that a landline number for a business looks more real/trustworthy.

smokey_jo

VOIP?

geomickb
    Free Member

I agree, any business without a landline starts to look dodgy.

I have previously worked for companies which used Vonage.

trailwagger
    Free Member

Google, “non geographic virtual number” and you find a whole list of providers.

gooner69

thanks guys:)

Cougar

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/phones-telecoms-and-internet/advice-for-consumers/advice/what-are-03-numbers

I guess the cheapest option would be to plug a normal phone in that has call forwarding function?

One thing to consider, and given ‘anytime’ calling plans I don’t know if it’s still an issue even: I did something similar years ago redirecting two mobile numbers to one handset. It worked great until I got a massive bill. Turned out that a redirect on a handset counted as a new outgoing call.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Business help please’ is closed to new replies.