Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • Burning waste illegally – Who to Contact – advice pls
  • manciman
    Free Member

A neighbour called the EA on two separate occasions a few days later; I wasn’t around, when they were burning more rubbish. Obviously a visit from the old bill isn’t enough for these people. The neighbour isn’t up for leaving personal details or be a witness in court. It seams EA aren’t interested because of the lack of personal details/evidence from the neighbour.

robdob
    Free Member

Details won’t be shared.

Drac

But if they are requested under the Freedom of Information then they will be.

TuckerUK
    Free Member

Freedom of Information then they will be.

I think the Data Protection Act trumps the FOI Act.

wrightyson
    Free Member

EA were all over me like a rash when someone reported a bonfire I was having on a little development. Only burning wood so it wasn’t really causing a problem. It was basically nimbys trying every trick in the book to disrupt the development!

Squidlord
    Free Member

Burning waste illegally – Who to Contact

I’ll do it. I love a good burn-up.
    (Not actually read the thread)

robdob
    Free Member

But if they are requested under the Freedom of Information then they will be.

If information is requested then if it is about an ongoing investigation then no details at all will be released.

If there isn’t an investigation as such (say its about a permitted site which attracts complaints) then only certain information will be released, such as general areas and general levels of complaints. Nothing would be released which would give away the identity of a reporter.

robdob
    Free Member

EA were all over me like a rash when someone reported a bonfire I was having on a little development. Only burning wood so it wasn’t really causing a problem. It was basically nimbys trying every trick in the book to disrupt the development!

Well everything has to be investigated, especially so if there is a lot of complaints. Always easy to spot the nimbys, but as long as what you are doing is legal then there’s no problem.

Smoke can be considered a statutory nuisance though, dealt with by the council – Env Health – so even if you are burning waste and its ok with us the council may still have a problem with it if its annoying local residents. No idea how they enforce this though.

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘Burning waste illegally – Who to Contact – advice pls’ is closed to new replies.