Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Burgtec shock bush fitting problems. Advice please.
  • rockhopper70

The linkage end of my shock developed a bit of play which has been traced to the shock bush, the shaft end that attaches to the shock linkage.

I’ve now got the Burgtec titanium shock hardware bush as an upgrade but I can’t get it into the frame. All measurements and online info suggest the width is 30mm between the linkage faces but it won’t fit, even when not assembled.

However, when it is built up, there are two o-rings between the nylon insert and the bush flanges which push the two halves apart and make the effective length of the bush even longer, therefore even less chance of sliding between the linkage faces.

I can’t think how I can compress the o rings by hand enough even begin to fit it.

I’ll concede to trying this job this evening in a poorly lit and cold garage so patience was low. I wondered if I slackened off all the other linkage bearings if it would open it up but it’s a carbon linkage so can’t imagine it has a lot of “give” in it.

Bike is a cannondale habit, the older version.

Anyone have any tips or experience of these? I don’t want to be braying it or levering it in…

Thanks

rockhopper70

Morning bump…

bigyan
    Free Member

Have you measured the length of the new and old?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    rockhopper70

That’s today’s investigation. obvious check to make isn’t bleedin obvious in a cold garage!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Burgtec shock bush fitting problems. Advice please.’ is closed to new replies.