Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Bunnahabhain Single Malt…(12) What ya drinkin then?
  • GaVgAs
    Free Member

over to you…

backcountrybiking
    Free Member

Same island, Lagavulin distillers edition double matured. mmm think I’ll have just one more.

bainbrge

Tamnavulin 1991, really very good.

M1llh0use
    Free Member

Balvenie double wood. 12 YO

GaVgAs
    Free Member

Its nice that the STWers recognise the importance of a decent whisky in the mtbers diet… 😉

Alpha1653

Auchentoshan 12 year old. A birthday present from my sister. It’s ace!

PePPeR

Homemade Sloe gin, I’ve just decanted this years supply into bottles and managed to leave sufficient for me to have a huge measure this evening.

warton
    Free Member

Got a bottle of this next door, will probably leave it for another night though..

15 year old, flavoured by sauternes casks, should be stunning 46% as well

GaVgAs
    Free Member

nice… 😉

Earl
    Free Member

Bunnahabhain Single Malt.. stunning stunning ….but hard to get around these parts so its Lagavulin 16y and the Welsh stuff for me – both from ASDA.

Now makes me wanna try the other stuff mentioned on this thread!

yunki
    Free Member

Council Pop

MrTall
    Free Member

Not me but my old man has been trying his Aldi special 40 year old single malt. Apparently it is very good.

Loads sold on ebay over the next few days for £130-£160 so getting there early and queing to pay £49.99 for one of the 6 in each store was a result.

Gribs

Having a night off the booze tonight but enjoyed a 18 year old Caol Ila and some Ardbeg Uigeadail last night.

zokes
    Free Member

Laphroag 16yo – somewhat acerbic, but very very good

trout
    Free Member

😳 😥 Best I could manage is a bottle of Grouse

hoodie
    Free Member

Humble Bells livened with drambuie…ah the rusty nail…mmm

swavis

It was Mortlach 16 yo for me last night. One of my faves so I bought a bottle for myself this Xmas. I couldn’t quite stretch to a 21 yo Balvenie Port Wood. 😉

StefMcDef
    Free Member

Got the faither-in-law a bottle of Longrow CV for his Chrimbo.

Basically a peaty version of Springbank. Very nice indeed.

Only malt in my stocking was a Jura Superstition, a peaty version of Jura. It’s nice but I prefer the plain vanilla version.

dogbert
    Free Member

Glenkinchie here, and I was given a guide to malt whiskeys to help further inform my choices for the coming year

big_scot_nanny

Rusty Nail you say? kwality! Many an evening has been crowned with that little beauty.

Got, for a wee try, a bottle of Glenrothes special reserve, a speyside, from Sainsburies. and can I just say, it is lovely. A really nice tipple. Never seen it before, and it was great. Recommended.

Kev

Haze

Jim Beam.

I think I hid my disappointment fairly well.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

LBV Port of some description, hang on…

Dow’s Master Blend.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

A nice bottle of Jura Prophecy was aqquired on Xmas Day, but after a rather boozy day yesterday and a bad cold i’m giving it a rest til i can actually taste the stuff!

Had a wee nip on Xmas morning and it is lovely, very peaty and dry, a little like Laphroaig Quarter Cask.

alexonabike

Got a bottle of Jura Superstition from a friend and a bottle of Glenlivet 18yo from the parents. Happy boy!

konabunny
    Free Member
    mrblobby
    Free Member

Having a go at a nice bottle of Sloe Gin made by the inlaws. Surprisingly drinkable 🙂

messiah
    Free Member

Gordon & McPhail Arran, lovely… sadly now finished.

boxelder

I’m on some of Alistair D’s No.3 favourite…..

iainc

4 days in and pretty much whatever is in the cupboard ! only another week to go , hey ho…

’tis a strange time of year when you think in dates not days and booze everyday is the norm !

anyway, a swim with the kids in the morn and a night ride tomorrow should restore some compliance..

Oh, Rioja then Bells..

warton
    Free Member

Got a bottle of Jura Superstition

had one of these tonight in the pub, very nice!

IvanDobski
    Free Member

I’m looking forward to my bottle of Woodford Reserve when I’ve finished work tomorrow…

Sandwich

I appear to have too much Highland Park, so I’m working my way through that first. There’s Red Breast and an Aberlour cask strength to go at next.

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘Bunnahabhain Single Malt…(12) What ya drinkin then?’ is closed to new replies.