Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Bumper scuff ! Chips away?
  • cheviots
    Free Member

Just put a couple of decent scratches in the bumper of my friends car oops!
    I was hoping to get it repaired as good as new, can anyone recommend a repairer in West Yorkshire or should I just bite the bullet and give Chips Away a try.
    Thanks in advance

No_discerning_taste
    Free Member

Chips away did a fantastic job on our car when I’d scraped the bumper quite badly (and took out a couple of bumps free of charge!). I wouldn’t hesitate to use them again.

LHS
    Free Member

Found chipsaway quite expensive and a mate had bad experience with them regarding quality. I asked around and found a local paint-shop near me who did a great job at a great price. Might be worth asking around.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

I assume Chips Away quality will vary based on the franchisee and their personal ability.

santacruzsi
    Free Member

Yes they’re all franchised, so suppose on the level of service you get. I used a local SMART repair service (Manchester) who was very good and sorted a few other things out for the price.

Tinners

When you’re married to Mrs T, you have “Chipsaway” on speed dial….
    I’ve had the local chap out a few times (they come to your home or work to do it) and superb job. Recommended.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

So I get to my car this morning and guess what….

The B’stard Tesco delivery van that came round at 9pm last night took a scuff out of the rear bumper (or so I must assume – it was fine when I parked it on private land).

So – is the Chips Away franchise in Harrogate any good?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Bumper scuff ! Chips away?’ is closed to new replies.