Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Bummed by Road rage
  • Olly
    Free Member

Bummed out, that is.

Driving home through wolverhampton today, some pillock in a white Vito tried to shove past me on a “filter in turn” section of road. My front wheels (also a white van) were in front of his, so simple geometry dictates that “i won”. It was also my turn, he was just being a tit.

Next traffic lights, this guy jumps out, opens my door and grabs me round the neck. “you cut me up blud, im gonna *** end you”.

Gave him a stern “good day to you too sir”, took a photo of his registration and we parted ways.

Reported the reg to 101 (non emergency police number) but think if i want it to go on record i need to find time to go to the local police station and give a formal statement. Drove the remaining 3 hours home in silence. Not shook up or anything, but just bummed out that people can be such bell*nds. Kind of ruined my day.

That is all.

aracer
    Free Member

Don’t let it. You’re still the normal reasonable one, he’s still the arsehole.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Should have knifed him

scruff9252

Yup, shoulda gave him a friendly wee chib between the ribs.

cloudnine
    Free Member

lock your door and squirt him with the windscreen washer.. Then maybe run over his feet

CountZero

An elbow to the nose might have distracted him somewhat.
    What a tit. 🙄

dirtyrider
    Free Member

basically click bait that thread title, i came into this thread, on a sunday evening expecting a ruddy good bumming story, but no, you have the painters in over over a random vito encounter

should report this thread really

deepreddave
    Free Member

Pics needed. What a shame you aren’t Jean Claude Van Damme or the grown up karate kid as I always wish that to happen to aggressive ****.

postierich
    Free Member

Thats shit man could never have kept my temper!

jekkyl

If someone was coming Towards me in a rage my car doors would be locked pretty sharpish. Then get your phone out and video him shouting at the window.

squirrelking
    Free Member

If someone was coming Towards me in a rage my car doors would be locked pretty sharpish. Then get your phone out and video him shouting at getting a sports bottle of wee emptied on him through the window.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

See if the reg is on this site, might have previous

http://rate-driver.co.uk

stumpy01

I am trying a new philosophy of being unable to control the actions of others, so trying to just run with it and let it all wash over me.
    It’s working to an extent although I have to constantly tell myself that I am doing it to stop getting so stressed and it’s for my benefit.

Not sure this would have been a help in your situation, although my car doors automatically lock which would have been some help.

slackalice
    Free Member

Hmmmm…. Okay, so I don’t know you Olly, you may well be a peace loving guy, however your admission to having “won” a ‘ my wheels are in front of yours’ contest doesn’t do you any favours in my book. More often than not, there needs to be two ‘tits’ to start a confrontation. I know we all like to express our innocence when being subjected to what we believe to be unjustified aggressive behaviour, but I am left wondering how your own actions and positioning of your vehicle led to the altercation? Reciprocation and all that shizzle.

Not that I’m going to spend too long pondering your part in this, I have my own life to live.

Generally, what’s the time delay going to really cost you if you had let him ‘win’? Let alone your own emotional well being? Still, at least you got the predictable male response from here, so I’m guessing that you are feeling superficially superior, despite your inner knowing that you could have made your day so much more pleasant by giving a little more than the other person, which, if you still want to make it a competition, makes you the real winner.

Be nice to others, smile at the world etc etc and reciprocation will follow

glasgowdan
    Free Member

Sounds like you saw what he was doing and put your foot down to make sure he didn’t. Why?

If folk drive like that around me i let them get on with it. They’re unlikely to delay my journey further down the road.

thetallpaul
    Free Member

Regardless of what happened before, there is no excuse for assaulting someone.
    Have a word with your local constabulary. He may have previous form and should not be allowed to carry on like this.

MoreCashThanDash

From your description, that is assault. Follow it up, he may only get a caution, with any previous he may go to court, any employer may well be interested.

(From previous personal experience)

Cougar

I’m a little confused as to how you went from his hand on your throat doing East End pimp impersonations to going merrily on your way taking photographs. Did we miss a reel?

suburbanreuben
    Free Member

“you cut me up blud, im gonna *** end you”.

I’m still not sure what he was going to do. Does it explain the thread title?

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Bummed by Road rage’ is closed to new replies.