Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Bullmoose Bars- what are my options?
  • cokie

I’m going to build up my Stooge Mk4 with a retro vibe, so I’d like to try a set of Bullmoose bars.
    I’ve got a set Junkerbars coming too, but they might be a bit extreme.

At the moment all I’ve found Is the Nitto Fairweather version.
    Is there anything else around? Maybe wider?

qwerty
    Free Member

Aren’t Brants latest version of the Bullmoose bar a wider Nitto??? Available from On One.

ajantom

Nitto B903R is the widest one they do at 710mm.
    I seem to remember that Brant said on his blog that Nitto won’t make them wider than that for some reason.
    I’ve got them set up with Deluxe bar extenders that bring them to 750mm in total. Plenty long enough for me.
    With the back sweep they put your hands in a similar position to normal bars with a 50mm stem.

cokie

Really helpful- thanks very much!
    I’ll probably go down this route.

bonesetter
    Free Member

My mate’s running the Bullmoose (Nitto) on his Speedball and likes them

I had a quick go and like them too – when you look down you can see the truss fork through the stem bars which is cool looking, and matches the look of the frame and fork – even if your Stooge is a Mk4

cokie

Great! Thanks for the feedback Bonesetter.
    I think the dual stem suits the Stooge too.

cokie

How odd- stem length increased with bar width.
    I guess they are very XC orientated.

coppice
    Free Member

I saw that but then they’have a lot of sweep so the wider they are the further back they’ll come so it’s maybe to counteract that

tazzymtb

Titanium stooge taz-bah are on their way 780, 17 degree backsweep, had two years of monkey arm antics from me on the prototypes without a hitch. Have a word with Andy. Lots of pics on the stooge owner club of mine and stu cowperthwaits ti speedballs fitted with em.

I believe arrival date for them is in the next few weeks

bonesetter
    Free Member

Got a link to them pics taz??

ajantom

They look ace, but I suspect the cost will make the £60-70 for the Nitto ones look like peanuts!

sv

What about the new Stooge steel bar with the high rise options?

cokie

What about the new Stooge steel bar with the high rise options?

I’ve got a set Junkerbars coming too, but they might be a bit extreme and I quite like the integrated stem/bar look.

tazzymtb

ajantom, I think they will be under the £200.00 mark for, so you get an awful lot of titanium for a very good price. compared to my funn hyperion ti stem and thomson ti bar combo or my jones loops in Ti they are a bloomin bargin 🙂

tazzymtb

tb

tazbar2

bonesetter
    Free Member

Do you know what length the (virtual) stem is?

tazzymtb

90mm, but with the backsweep and bar width its equivalent to a 60mm stem with a motobar.

ajantom

ajantom, I think they will be under the £200.00 mark for, so you get an awful lot of titanium for a very good price. compared to my funn hyperion ti stem and thomson ti bar combo or my jones loops in Ti they are a bloomin bargin

That’s actually quite reasonable 👍 if Jones was making them they’d be 3 times that!

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Bullmoose Bars- what are my options?’ is closed to new replies.