Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 162 total)
  • Bull fighting
  • Torminalis
    Free Member

I've been trying to tell you that, but you just ignored me.

I didn't ignore, I just disregarded 😉

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Elfinsafety – Member

Ernie:

http://www.naturalengland.org.uk/Images/ratpoison_tcm6-16130.pdf

😕 Yeah, so sensible precautions should be taken…………what's your point ?

You want to kit yourself out and walk through the sewers shooting rats ?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

My dad was in with that lot in the minehead area, when the hunt was on, you would get dozens of 4×4 vehicles, blocking up the local laybys watching the hunt, people on foot, several on horses, dog handlers, caterers, drivers. There would have had to be bus-loads of sabs to outnumber them.

Why doesn't your dad shoot rats Torminalis ? He could take Elfinstardust with him.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Don't be giving him ideas.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

My dad was in with that lot in the minehead area, when the hunt was on, you would get dozens of 4×4 vehicles, blocking up the local laybys watching the hunt, people on foot, several on horses, dog handlers, caterers, drivers. There would have had to be bus-loads of sabs to outnumber them.

By contrast I've been told of saboteurs/protesters outnumbering those involved in the hunt itself, on several occasions. As I said, neither of us know the real figures. Truth is, the vast majority of people in the UK oppose fox hunting. Probably 'cos most of us aren't bloodthirsty inhumane ****.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

No, but It'd be fun to trap loads of live rats, then release them into the homes of fox hunters. 😀

What about 'Fox Hunter hunting'? Chase **** in red jackets through an unforgiving urban environment, to the point of exhaustion, then letting a pack of pitbulls tear them to pieces?

I'm not actually serious. I don't beleive in any unnecessary suffing to any creature. Besides, most of the hunting set would have a heart attack if they were suddenly placed on a council estate anyway! 😀

Trampus
    Free Member

Chasing trout, on horseback, with a shotgun?
    Couldn't happen in this country!
    Of course , he is a johnny foreigner!

molgrips
    Free Member

just love your fellow man a bit more and spread the good vibes to counteract the negative people with the bad ones

I try.. I try to educate STW in the ways of being excellent to each other!

backhander
    Free Member

up until the point that a human gets tossed like a salad or gored in the nethers. There'd need to be something wrong with you to enjoy that.

😳

I love it when the bull gets em. Best bit IMO. Disgusting "sport".
    (pedant)Oh and fred, they use beagles which are quite a long stretch from being pit bulls(/pedant).

Junkyard
    Free Member

I hear your excellent Molgrips and raise yout an awesome to the power of surf mat.

Hunting for pleasure suggests too me that people like killing things and this worries me.
    Hunting for things you kill and eat suggests you are stil in touch with your caveman roots – not sure whether this is good or bad but certainly not for me and not something I would ban.
    Watching an animal be kiled for sport/ entertainment is just barbaric. I note the audience does not wish to share in an equal risk of death with the prey.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

they use beagles

[pedant]Don't they use foxhounds mate? I thought beagles were for beagling 🙂 [/pedant]

molgrips
    Free Member

My father-in-law hunts (not very well) in the shape of a couple of days a year in deer season. I was initially against this idea, then I realised that if you are going to eat meat (as I do) then there is no better or more ethical way to do it than killing your own wild food. However the important point to remember is that this is not why he does it. They can afford supermarket food and animal welfare is not at the front of most Americans' minds as they shop. He does it because he enjoys it – so that puts it back in morally dubious territory I reckon. He's undoubtedly doing a service by being a predator for the deer which as a prey species need their numbers keeping down (since the ancestors of the same hunters shot all the wolves for sport 🙄 ) but again that's not the real reason he does it.

anagallis_arvensis

Hunting for pleasure suggests too me that people like killing things and this worries me.

Now I've never fox hunted, but I have done a bit of shooting and found it fun. Hunting is fun no doubt there's a serious evolutionary imperative for the hunting to be fun.

MrNutt
    Free Member

howitzer hunting is the way forward.

molgrips
    Free Member

Shooting is one thing, I love that. Shooting at something living so you can pat yourself on the back when it dies is something else.

MrNutt
    Free Member

I think not applauding at the moment of death is poor form tbh.

backhander
    Free Member

darcy you may be right, but they do look like beagles, don't they?

Watching an animal be kiled for sport/ entertainment is just barbaric.

+1

Junkyard
    Free Member

Hunting is fun no doubt there's a serious evolutionary imperative for the hunting to be fun.

The evolutionary imperative to eat trumps this fun you infer is imperative.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

darcy you may be right, but they do look like beagles, don't they?

Yeah, I think a foxhound looks like a stretched out beagle. Beagles are lovely dogs. It was pedantry for pleasure 🙂

MrNutt
    Free Member

is it imperative to use the word imperative twice in a sentence?

backhander
    Free Member

Fair enough. I'm sure foxhounds are lovely dogs too when they're not hounding foxes.

anagallis_arvensis

The evolutionary imperative to eat trumps this fun you infer is imperative.

in english?

alex222
    Free Member

killed humanely

surely this is an oxymoron. killed quickly perhaps.

Coyote
    Free Member

When a bull is killed cleanly, ie. first attempt is spectacular

Which of course never happens as the bull is speared to ensure that it is weakened by blood loss. Only when the bull is at the point of exhaustion will the "brave" matador approach it to deliver the fatal thrust.

Junkyard
    Free Member

In english?
    Your argument is wrong and you are a bit thick

Is this asimple enough for you too grasp? 😆

DenDennis
    Free Member

@ junkyard – you may want to look up the correct english usage of 'infer'

anagallis_arvensis

Your argument is wrong and you are a bit thick

care to explain how? (not the me being thick , happy to take that as read, more my argument that an enjoyment of hunting is likely evolutionarily hard wired).

MrNutt
    Free Member

we're all ether hunters or berry pickers. (and everyone knows only girls and fags pick berries!)

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

berry pickers

Is that what you call it?

I call it 'Looking at other men's nuts', what you do….

😉

donsimon
    Free Member

Is this bull still going on?

150! 😆

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I think Mowgli deserves some kind of award seeing as this was his first thread 🙂

mogrim

Only when the bull is at the point of exhaustion will the "brave" matador approach it to deliver the fatal thrust.

Ignoring the ethics for momen, given the relative frecuency with which they're impaled, I'd say they are brave.

Except Jesulin, he's too stupid to realise it's dangerous.

donsimon
    Free Member

Except Jesulin, he's too stupid to realise it's dangerous.

I've just found out on Wiki that he's a singer too. Fortunately I've been saved from that one!! 😯

I think Mowgli deserves some kind of award seeing as this was his first thread

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

given the relative frecuency with which they're impaled

Relative frequency ? I thought when a bullfighter was impaled in a life threatening manner it generally made the news – even in the UK.

I can't say I regularly hear about such events. So bearing in mind that the bullfighting industry in Spain apparently kills at least 40,000 bulls every year, it would suggest that it was a relatively rare occurrence.

In fact I believe the last matador to die was in 1985, so that works out as one matador death for every one million dead bulls. In other words, a matador stands a one in a million chance of dying, whilst the bull has a 100% chance of dying.

Doesn't sound like the matadors are taking much of a chance to me.

anagallis_arvensis

common junkyard if you call someone thick it would be polite to explain why.

Junkyard
    Free Member

more my argument that an enjoyment of hunting is likely evolutionarily hard wired).

Thick was meant humorously you seem an ok sort to me FWIW and I have been out hence no reply.
    Sorry if I offended you that was not the goal it was meant tongue in cheek/banterish sorry.

It is biologically imperative that we eat so we have an evolutionary need [hard wired?] to do this to survive therefore we get pleasure from eating/surviving.
    Hunting is a means to the goal of eating and it is not necessary for the means to eating to be enjoyable [anymore than the three mile walk to fetch water has to be enjoyable for us to continue drinking water] for us to continue to hunt for food to eat.

I actually stopped to think was it infer or imply before posting 😳

anagallis_arvensis

Sorry if I offended you

you didn't don't worry.

As to what you've written it makes little sense to me but I'd love to know how you can separate hunting and eating meat in an evolutionary sense. It seems strange to me that so many people have an urge to hunt even when they live down the road from tesco's and this is the same in all manner of widely different cultures. None of this makes hunting either right or wrong because we have a strong evolutionary urge to do many things (like reproduce) yet we decide not to do it all that often in many cases.

MrNutt
    Free Member

I'm barred from all tescos stores for hunting and then attempting to reproduce with the contents of the butchery counter, they were not having any of my extremely well thought out but admittedly flawed "its my evolutionary urges" defense. selfish repressive stripy aproned bastards! (I'd even washed my hands!)

donsimon
    Free Member

(I'd even washed my hands!)

Before or after?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

pmsl @ Nutt 😀

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 162 total)

The topic ‘Bull fighting’ is closed to new replies.