Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Bull Car stickers
  • robh

Loads of cars have sticker of the outline of a bull, what’s the significance of this, seem to be more and more appearing!

Gary_M
    Free Member

Do you live in Texas?

robh

No sunny kent, but it’s loads of UK registered cars.
    Could be Osbourne:
    http://www.ma-design.net/spain/osborne_en.php but don’t really see why there are so many!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    dawson

i think it means the owner of the car is spanish or has some spanish connection – something to do with Pamplona (sp?) bull run? or is the bull Spain’s national animal, if there is such a thing..

mangoridebike

my spanish colleague had one on his car, possibly something to do with visits to Spain? They do like their bulls over there. (sweeping statement)

jimthesaint

Yep it’s Osbourne. These stickers are normally on cars owned by people of a certain age (old people) who think that advertising the fact that they have been to Spain on holiday shows people how affluent and well travelled they are.

swamp_boy

You can get the stickers in Spain as souvenirs. The originals are big sheet metal jobs 4 – 5x life size that are put on high points overlooking roads, they are an advert for something, sherry possibly.

In the film Jamon Jamon a guy is killed by the corroded nut sack falling off one. That’s one of the high points, the movie also features a nude bullfight, a guy beaten to death with a ham and Penelope Cruz before she got too rich and famous to take her top off.

Maltloaf

Bradford Bulls stickers maybe – your not in south Yorkshire are you?

wetgrassagain
    Free Member

The black bull silhouette is a Spanish symbol.

I have driven to Spain 6 or 7 times and bought one to stick on the back of the car on the first trip, but kind of grew out of it.

I think it is meant to show you have a Spanish connection, although it does not stop Spanish drivers tailgating you or carving you up you when they see your English plates. They seem to forget that you navigated halfway across Europe to get to their flea bitten seaside town.

WGA

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

You could always get some of these

http://www.bigtruckballs.com/

2tyred

Catalans – always keen to distance themselves from their Castillian neighbours – have adoped a donkey silhouette in response.

willyboy
    Free Member
    wetgrassagain
    Free Member

Catalans – always keen to distance themselves from their Castillian neighbours – have adoped a donkey silhouette in response.

I wondered about the donkey silhouette, I have also seen a witch silhouette any ideas?

To keep in with the Catalans when staying down there I have the yellow and red oval on the back of my car – you can’t be too careful.

WGA

thomthumb
    Free Member

a friend who lives in spain maried to a spaniard tells me in spain there is an f1 connection.

alonso supporters have a bull and supporters of (some other spanish f1 driver?) have a flower. her car has the daisy symbol, as in her words alonso is a ****

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Bull Car stickers’ is closed to new replies.