Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Built in oven question
  • Premier Icon mattyfez
    Free Member

Hi all,

My oven is in need of renewing, It’s built into the kitchen unit, with a sperate electric hob on the worktop above. The hob is fine though.

The controls for the hob are on the main oven unit – do I have to replace the whole lot or can I get an oven unit that is compatible with the seperate electric hob?

Thanks

Premier Icon jeffl

Weird. What make and do you have a photo? I’d presume you should be able to replace it with a similar model from the same manufacturer.

Premier Icon mattyfez
    Free Member

Thanks for the reply – Hopefully so – it’s generic oven that came in a prebuilt house, about 20 years old, the knobs are all dodgy and most of the information has rubbed off, so unfortunatly I don’t know the make.

This is the best picture I have:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/kZ5tqPA5R5oJwyLM6

https://photos.app.goo.gl/kZ5tqPA5R5oJwyLM6

Premier Icon tjagain

I think you will need to replace both parts. Hobs are cheap tho – or can be

Premier Icon dyna-ti
    Free Member

Mind and get one of those that the oven door slides into and is concealed. Been making toast and found to the cost of my shins what its like to walk in and impact the f****** door 😆

Premier Icon Aidy
    Free Member

The controls for our cooker hood were built into the hob somehow (it communicated via IR, I think). So when we replaced the hob, we had to change the hood too. That was annoying.

Premier Icon trail_rat
    Free Member

Mind and get one of those that the oven door slides into and is concealed. Been making toast and found to the cost of my shins what its like to walk in and impact the f****** door 😆

Close the door then. Modern grills don’t need the door open like those of old.

Times they are a changing

Premier Icon csb

Dyna-ti, if it’s electric check the instructions don’t say grill with the door closed. After 5 years of your approach I discovered ours says keep it shut.

Premier Icon sharkbait
    Free Member

Our Neff ovens (with the slide-away door) stop when the door opens – has to be shut.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.