Builth Wells, Route suggestions please

Home Forum Bike Forum Builth Wells, Route suggestions please

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Builth Wells, Route suggestions please
  • Premier Icon mtbguiding
    Subscriber

There’s some good stuff to the east. I usually start at Hundred House but you could also start at Aberedw. Either way, a shortish road ride from Builth.

The route in my Wales Mountain Biking book (plug), heads south to Aberedw, up over Llandeilo Hill and Llanbedr Hill, then north to Allt Dderw. Continue east then west to Glasgwm and then north back to Hundred House.

Hope that helps?

Premier Icon Speshpaul
    Subscriber

Thanks, I’ve just dug out all my maps and I have cover of N S W but not east 😀
    I’ll figure it out

Premier Icon johnnystorm
    Subscriber

I did that ride a day or two ago, it was brill, thanks! 🙂

Premier Icon Speshpaul
    Subscriber

I’ll be down at Builth Wells in a few weeks, looking for a afternoons riding 15 -25 miles depend on the height gain. I’ll have the lad with who is 12 so nothing too epic. Will be camping by the river so straight out of the town or a short drive to a drop off and aride back to base.
    I know there’s a couple of trail centres local and Llandovey but looking for something new.
    cheers
    paul

Premier Icon Speshpaul
    Subscriber

Just spotted the Rough Ride is on this weekend, has anyone done the shorter distances, the website doesn’t say how fair, I don’t think the boy is up for 68Km of hills yet.

Premier Icon mtbguiding
    Subscriber
    core

I’d be keen for the rough ride, probably a shorter route, and to learn some local trails, but website is pants!

Premier Icon Speshpaul
    Subscriber

I emailed the chap running it last night and the shorter route is about 48km. thats about all i can add.

Anybody else suggest any local routes?

core

@mtbguiding, where to get your book from?

core

Would be worth looking at Radnor forest and surrounding hills.

Premier Icon mtbguiding
    Subscriber

Would hate to say Amazon so how about http://www.bikemaps.co.uk/wales-mtb/wales-mountain-biking-routes-guide.htm or local shops in Wales…

Radnor Forest has a few good trails too – best in drier weather. Need to get back there myself – still some more exploring to do!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Builth Wells, Route suggestions please’ is closed to new replies.