• This topic has 50 replies, 21 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by Jamie.
Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • Building/Extension help, could someone give me a rough estimate?
  • verses

Sounds like a rubbish thing to be going through.

Another problem is he was recommended by a neighbour, he’s their son

Hope it hasn’t ruined a previously good friendship/relationship…

Kojaklollipop
    Free Member

Not sure about the friendship now, can’t believe she recommended him to be honest, surely she knew what he was like? No trouble with the neighbours ever but even she and her partner joined in on the personal insults and swearing, guess she’s sticking up for her son but to be honest if any of my family spoke to someone like the builder did to me and my parents who are in their late 70’s I’d have slapped them around the face in shame, just think they showed their true colours and when they ran out of argument just resorted to swearing shouting and insults. Yes, it’s a really rubbish thing to going through, I just can’t believe the way things have turned out, it’s taken over our lives at the moment 🙁 we feel numb, and unable to get on with our lives or anything, even lost my biking mojo!

Kojaklollipop
    Free Member

Oh I have to laugh!

Well done if you’re still looking at this thread, but I’ve got a ‘breakdown of work’ from the builder, makes interesting reading, no receipts or detailed breakdown he’s just scribbled figures onto a single piece of paper, but get this … for a 6×6 ft L shaped bit of concrete path around one end of the building, and bear in mind this is materials I’d already paid for and it was left over from doing the slab floor, plus a small step using bricks I’ve already paid for and 2 of my paving slabs that were in the garden he wants to charge me £1000 … probably an hour or so’s work 😆 I have the most expensive step in the world!

footflaps

I’d talk to CAB or a solicitor to see where you stand legally. Personally, I’d be looking to ditch your current builder asap. Then find someone else to finish the project.

Kojaklollipop
    Free Member

Already been onto CAB and Trading Standards are investigating, his behaviour has already been noted with the police, local solicitor being very helpful, got 2 quotes from local builders and got a Quantity Surveyor coming soon, problem is legally we need to give him a chance to put things right or respond to letters, another problem is the roof leaks so I’ve had to contact him about that, the roof was done by a contractor and I’m trying to make sure only they deal with it but he’s not being very cooperative. I’m slowly making sure I’ve got my case together. I just wonder what planet he’s on, does he think I would never query anything, I wonder if his mother knows what he’s like or what he’s doing!?

Jamie
    Free Member

I wonder if his mother knows what he’s like or what he’s doing!?

She’s probably under your fancy new path.

Kojaklollipop
    Free Member

If I’d have known what this was going to lead too they’d all be under my path 😆

muzz
    Free Member

Nip in next door and tell his mum

Jamie
    Free Member

bruneep

I must say, his clothes are crumple free given what he’s been through.

Jamie
    Free Member

I think he had an iron in there.

Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘Building/Extension help, could someone give me a rough estimate?’ is closed to new replies.