Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Building standards completion certification.
  • trail_rat
    Free Member

Has anyone had any (private) building work signed off -scotland specifically.

Submitted notice of start via the portal . Got a phone call where she asked me about covid and If anyone working had covid.

She said a colleague would be in touch.

No one was -2 weeks later We got to within a week of the inspection point noted on the warrent…..phoned -couldnt get anyone , sent an email got no response.

Building works finished and we put in a completion certificate request via the portal with supporting documents…..

Not heard a jot…… I expect they are busy but have I missed an obvious step in the process or is it just a case of huge backlog ?

trail_rat
    Free Member
    poly
    Free Member

I had an old warrant I had forgotten to get signed off (the bulk of the work was electrical and the sparky had signed off/issues paperwork so I didn’t realise I had more to do). In proper lock down West Lothian Council got in touch proactively (by email) to say they would automatically extend the deadline. A friend (also in WL) recently had someone out inspecting works for them – but I think they were partial completion inspection which needed signed off before they started covering things up.

trail_rat
    Free Member

but I think they were partial completion inspection which needed signed off before they started covering things up.

thats what i was trying to get done when they seemed to vanish into thin air.

Took photos and cracked on , Living without a kitchen for longer than necessary was not happening.

told them i was starting July 27th , had a call the next day saying someone would be in touch about a visit.

August 6th i told them we were a week away from plaster board – tried to call them and also emailed them . got zero response.

Have heard nothing since.

footflaps

Took photos and cracked on ,

Most of my workshop was done like this, I just emailed in photos and said do you want to come and inspect and they said no, photos were fine – crack on to the next inspection point.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Well i didn’t do that. If they don’t reply then I’m going to assume it’s unmanned.

I have got through to reception once. And they transferred me round the doors and no one picked up.

All the photos are logged for review -along with all the reciepts if they doubt what’s in there.

I don’t expect it to be inspected or signed off any time soon but a “we have received your notifications ” would go along way to reassuring that someone at the department actually exists.

gonefishin
    Free Member

I got work signed off about 18 months ago, the city rather than the shire, although it was only internal works rather than an extension. It was pretty straightforward as I just called the department they called back to arrange an appointment then a quick tour of the house and then sign off.

and yeah sort out that white window! 😉

trail_rat
    Free Member

white windows now grey – i was waiting for the ral 7016 demideck to be mixed

NExt step to sort out the rotting dormer :- Which will also be grey in its future.

I am also City – interesting to know thats the process – as stated i tried calling , I even got the engineers mobile number and called that assuming they were working at home.

Emailed them and the group inbox listed and have had no response

Blame covid haha .

footflaps

All the photos are logged for review -along with all the reciepts if they doubt what’s in there

I expect they’ll accept that, they’re probably just under staffed (CV) and over worked, so anything which makes it easy to catch up on the backlog will be appreciated.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Building standards completion certification.’ is closed to new replies.