Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Building speaker stands for studio moniters
  • slinkybike
    Free Member

I have a buddy who is a very good steel fabricator/welder frame builder and she has said that she will help make me some custom speakers stands. I want custom because I have a height in mind for where they will sit, the design will be basic plate steel either end and a central surport. What I am not sure about is how to best decouple them from the wooden desk which they will sit on (which will also have the turn tables on them). I am think spikes on the base and audio foam on the top plates any ideas.

grum
    Free Member

http://www.thomann.de/gb/auralex_acoustics_mopad.htm

Edit: Sorry misread your OP, not sure if those are useful.

MrSmith
    Free Member

Will they be open frames? Usually a single big column filled with sand to stop ringing is best but thats going to be too heavy for your desk.
    Personally I would have high mass stands going to the floor, if you go lightweight on the desk would expanding foam inside the tube/box section help?

slinkybike
    Free Member

Those are the pads I was thinking about, maybe your right on the floor stand idea I am thinking throught the problem at the moment.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Building speaker stands for studio moniters’ is closed to new replies.