Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • building a road bike for my wife..
  • scotia
    Free Member

But what frameset to start with? Not liking all the wsd bikes as they come in horrid colourways.. she wants sth simple but nice..

any suggestions that i can get as frame/fork? ideally woman specific if possible..

JoB
    Free Member

how long is a piece of string?

how tall is she, what’s your budget?

there’s often no need to get a WSD frame, by studying geometries and using shorter stems a decent fit can found with a normal frame

scotia
    Free Member

can be quite long! yeah sorry for the vague post..

she’s 5’5 ish.. budget tbc.

she currently has a trek 1.5 with shorter stem and a wsd saddle..but now likes the sport more & more and is inkling after sth lighter!

scotia
    Free Member

I was looking at a carbon frame/fork for a change, open to suggestions really..

njee20
    Free Member

Vague budget…

Are we talking £1000, or £10000?

Planet X RT57/58?
    Chinese Carbon job?
    Pinarello Dogma?
    Trek Emonda SLR?
    S-Works McLaren Tarmac?

All good frames.

scotia
    Free Member

i was looking total cost max 5000(chf) so around 3500 gbp max max..

njee20
    Free Member

For frame or bike?

At the end of the day you need to decide vaguely what you want to spend, then I’d go and test a few that fit the bill.

You’re unlikely to get a duff frame around that price point. Biggest decision is likely to be aero or lightweight frame. Most folk tend towards the latter unless it’s race only and they don’t mind the harsher ride most aero frames bring.

Yak

Simple but nice?
    How about a posh steel frame like Rourke or Shand then choose your own colour and graphics?

CraigW
    Free Member

The Orbea carbon frames look nice, there are some women’s versions.

london_lady
    Free Member

Hi Scotia 🙂
    Omit colour from the decision and go titanium – you know she deserves it! A nice DeRosa Titanio…….

scotia
    Free Member

Ha! yeah i was thinking Ti but she’s seeminlgy more keen on carbon..we’ll see.. a DeRosa? thats a company i havent thought about in a while..

hope youre well?

scotia
    Free Member

any other nice Ti out there? I dont want the same as mine (litespeed icon..) just so i can look into it.. 🙂

scotia
    Free Member

(easily available in switzerland…cant really go shopping in the uk) sorry i shouldve mentioned this to start with..

aP
    Free Member

How about a BMC then seeing as where you are 😉
    L’s Van Nicholas is nice, built with Chorus and Shamal Ultras – similar but not the same as your Litespeed….

scotia
    Free Member

Ha! I don’t know what the Swiss would say but I’m not own over by BMC…

I’d forgotten about van nic, ta!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘building a road bike for my wife..’ is closed to new replies.