Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)
  • Building a 26" full suss – used frame choice
  • Hadge
    Free Member

Instead of going down the “buy a frame” route, I bought a complete bike and think I got a good buy. I got myself a Intense Tracer 2 with Fox 36’s and basically XTR running gear. The beauty of the Tracer 2 is I can replace the rear drop-outs and got the 650B route if I want and the 36’s just about accept a 650B wheel too.

neenan1
    Free Member

Will be selling a 2009 specilized stumpjumper in small with straight steerer if of interest.

Moses

The whole thing, or just the frame & shocks ? Is that the FSR or Ht model?

alansd1980

If any of the 120mm travel frames are around London or Surrey i wod be very interested. Still not scratched the full sus itch so this could be a good change.

jam-bo
    m360
    Free Member

I did spot that Bandit. If I hadn’t just bought the commuter I’d have stupidly bought that instead and used it for work 😯 Looks perfect though (more so than a Sub 5 even!)

Way over my budget for teh forseeable future though, think I’d rather save a bit longer and get something I really fancy later in the year.

jonnytheleyther
    Free Member

Sorry to hijack, but I’m considering doing a similar project. Looking for a FS frame that can be bought cheap and I want to put the effort in to restor, I’m looking for a 16″ or 17″ frame though, but only got about £100 to spend so I think I’ll struggle.

If anyones got anything jonnyhindley at hotmail dot co dot uk

DezB
    Free Member

In the finest traditions etc…

http://r.ebay.com/dffeMz

Maybe not so much 3 (but if I can do it etc)
    Def not 5.
    But fab bikes and very light and versatile.

Lovely in’t they

Rickos
    Free Member

Carbon Cannondale Rush.

Bike Test: The Cannondale Rush

willard

My brother in law has a Cube Fritz (I think) coming up for sale soon. I think it is a medium, but I’d have to check.

Drop me a line if you’re interested.

bowglie

Just got back from a ride on my SC Blur TR that I’ve just built up. Having spent the last couple of years almost exclusively riding various FS 29es, I was a bit apprehensive about taking the Blur down some of the more testing descents, but I’ve been very pleasantly surprised. I’m running the Blur with a 140 fork, and if I’m being super picky, I reckon it’d handle slightly better with a 130mm – but for a bike with ‘only’ 125mm rear suspension, it’s amazingly capable down, along and up stuff. I haven’t tried it out round a trail centre yet, but it’s so poppy and fun, I reckon it’ll be a hoot.

Definately one of the very best 26″ full sus bikes I’ve ridden – and being a serial bike switcher, I’ve been through a few;)

pictonroad

I went for an Ibis Mojo, they seem to to have halved again in price from when I bought mine. Can’t fault it really, the bearings are huge, seem impervious to wear and you can dismantle the frame in 10 mins if you need to service it.

moonboy
    Free Member

This thread is relevant to my interests!

I have a 2011 ghost AMR 7500 gathering dust. It’s a great bike but I have been riding almost exclusively hardtail of the last few months.

Why gathering dust? Just not excited about it anymore, it’s competent but its a bit of a heavyweight.

I’d love a lightweight carbon trail/xc bike for rapid riding. Happy to go for a 26 that once was the bike of its time. I don’t really want to drop £3k+ on a new 650b, is there a second hand frame option out there that would be ripe for moving over the 120mm Fox32, 2 speed drivetrain, Crests on proIIs etc over?

So far musing as far as Cambers and fuel9.9s from a couple of years back.

Anything else to consider? Yeti? Epics? Turner? Cannondale?

craig24
    Free Member

Moonboy have you considered a Trance Advanced, seen a few pop up on eBay.

gelert
    Free Member

My second-hand 2013 Five S handled Bikepark Wales at the weekend with aplomb.

An amazing handling bike. I think it’s very light at 13.3kg with pedals, reverb and all alloy bits bolted on. Rips on every trail up and down. Easy to manual and hop over stuff but still slack, long and low enough to rail berms and pop out faster than you went in. Such a confidence inspiring bike.

It’s limits on DH are so much further away than my limits at the moment but I rode it on the steepest DH track I’d ever tried to go down (I couldn’t walk up it) a week or so ago and it made it just fine and we popped out the bottom grinning from ear to ear. There and then I decided it was the bike I was taking to BPW.

I’m trying to hang onto the post BPW cloud 9 feeling I’ve got for as long as I can this week. 🙂

baddddad
    Free Member

@neenan1 – might be interested in your stumpy. Email in profile

Cheers

Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)

The topic ‘Building a 26" full suss – used frame choice’ is closed to new replies.