• This topic has 4 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Olly.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Builderstrackworld: repainting today.
  • Olly
    Free Member

We’ve had our house repainting booked in for a couple of months and they’ve been delaying and delaying start.

They turned up on Friday at last and raked out the joints, they are pointing today.

It’s not snowing down here in Devon like it is everywhere else, but the forecast is for lows of -1 overnight, and feels-like of -4. Can they point in the cold? Im cautious to question their work without knowing a bit more. They are the “experts” and coming from a position of professional expertise (lol) it’s mighty irritating when a customer questions what you are doing. Don’t really want to have to get it redone in 6 months though.

Will we die?
    Can they take precautions to make it work correctly?

nickjb
    Free Member

Temperature should be minimum 2 degrees and not dropping. If it’s more likely to drop overnight then it might be ok in the morning. Rain won’t be helpful either.

Edit: for clarity my comments relate to repointing not repainting as I think that is what is happening 8)

wwaswas

keep an eye out for antifreeze being poured into the mix…

poolman
    Free Member

I just repainted exterior after building works, albeit in spain so it was warmer to work. Builders told me to wait a week after building completion to start painting. I waited a week and surface was still v porous.

Olly
    Free Member

Repointing, indeed. I image also easier in Spain.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Builderstrackworld: repainting today.’ is closed to new replies.