• This topic has 46 replies, 28 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by mrmo.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 47 total)
  • Bugger.. that’s ruined the next few weeks.
  • trail_rat
    Free Member

No real point just feeling sorry for my self…..and no pictures because it’s dinner time.

In an unfortunante series of events involving a kettle I’m.now the proud owner of a foot with many layers of missing skin across the top n
    And on 2 toes. Second degree scald burns. The top instantly blistered and popped its self. The toes are still blistered.

So no shoes , no socks , no swimming , no cycling , no running for a fair period till it heals , **** agony.

At least this week is taken up with traveling to Abu Dhabi…..where did I put my flying crocs -has captainflasheart borrowed them again ?

footflaps

Bummer! Sounds very painful….

duncancallum

Ouch man.

Burns are the worst

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Ouch, gws!

In the meantime, one legged Zwift for you. 😉

trail_rat
    Free Member

Thinking of adapting some sandals……

bsims
    Free Member

Keep that sand out! I cut my toe open on a broken tile in Spain, I used the thumb of a latex glove taped on for anti sand protection! It has passed into legend as the toedom! 😁

trail_rat
    Free Member

https://postimg.cc/3WN8cRFb

It’s not dinner time anymore click link….. That was last night immediately after it had been under the cold tap for 20minutes.

Ended up sleeping with my foot in a basin of cold water.

Today much less painful but foot feels like it is a million degrees.

The clear ooze from burn repair has started so just a case of keeping it clean.

ampthill

Hmm have you had this assessed

My hunch is no as second degree is an old term. If that is full depth you might well need medical help

Symapthies by the way and keep it clean

bruneep

…..and no pictures because it’s dinner time

Never gave me that consideration did you……

My advice still stands

trail_rat
    Free Member

Take it back for a refund wasn’t it bruneep ?

Ampthill. Was going by the fact it still hurts. I’ve had small full thickness burns before and know the feeling of feeling nothing as the skin burns.

It’s sore but not absolute agony.

Ergo I’ll go for keeping it clean and airing it as much as possible for now. NHS24 advice was go see them if it didn’t hurt or was bigger than your hand.

bruneep

Take it back for a refund wasn’t it ?

No wear sealskinz socks around the house

welshfarmer

You have my sympathy. I was on a hiking holiday in Norway and managed to pour the contents of a trangia kettle inside my walking boot one morning (don’t ask). Needless to say that was the end of my holiday. Extremely painful and was several weeks (as you correctly postulate) before I could wear socks or normal shoes again. GWS. From working with hot metals when younger I have always found Zinc Sulphate to work well on minor burns. To you and me that means Sudocreme nappy rash cream. May still be too sore for ointments yet but later as it starts to heal perhaps.

bsims
    Free Member

Looks really nasty, you must get it seen to, an infection could leave long term problems.

Drac

Ooooh! Ya ****.

scaredypants

c’mon, bosh a sheet of granuflex on it and soldier on, soldier
    (err, prob not really)

thatscold
    Free Member

Did that to myself with a saucepan of boiling water.

I went to A&E.

Get it checked out. It will look much worse in a few days….

singletrackmind

I did that to my face
    Only difference was I used Nitro race car fuel
    I got blue lighted in and wrapped in a gauze mesh for a few days till some sort of healing had started
    Put an end to my carreer as a model for Gillette
    Drugs , lots of drugs , oh and minor injuries imo, fo some better drugs

ampthill

I should have said my burns expertise couches from throwing a cup of burning petrol down my lost in Africa (accident)

All sorted with got a copy “medicine for mountaineers and wilderness place”.

Basically scrubbed clean and covered with bactigras dressings and covered with 2 layers of barrages

Left for 7 days and unrapped in a missionary hospital where it wss declared mended and partial depth

trail_rat
    Free Member

I’ve gone for the clingfilm and a sock if I need to leave the house option

Keeping it clean.

It actually looks alot better today than it did yesterday

Robz
    Free Member

I did exactly this two and a half weeks ago. It was very sore for the first 24 hours. I Cling filmed for a few days then used non stick dressings when at work. The scab kept getting rubbed off.

It’s still healing now but has improved significantly since Thursday/Friday (2 weeks post scald).

Note to self don’t handle pans full of boiling water in bare feet. My wife said she’s never heard me scream so high before😢

jamj1974

Do get it looked at – it looks sore as hell!

Poopscoop

I’m hoping it’s the picture but have you for hair growing on the top of your feet??😳

kcal

holy ****. I think Rob S (Captain Kronos) did much the same many years (& tears) ago.

GWS Terry!

kcal

clingfilm’s a good shout. going to be tricky given it’s a foot, but Mypore (I think) bandages are excellent as well, especially ones that have iodine in the fabric. This is all second hand from what I recall AM getting for me, should be able to get hold of a friendly medic to advise further.

trail_rat
    Free Member

its red and weaping today – oddly wasnt really sore in the shower where it had a good clean out.

I have tomorrow off work so it’ll be getting to air good and well.

trail_rat
    Free Member

https://postimg.cc/jwPJrMPZ

Sit rep.

We managed shoes today. Only a slight limp:)

tomhoward

I have some experience in dealing with knackered feet, though admittedly not scalded ones…

Do everything in your power the keep it clean, if there is any swelling or anything then don’t force shoes on, or do anything the puts a lot of stress on your foot. If it hurts enough to make you limp, I’d stay off your feet.

TrailriderJim
    Free Member

Reading this as I sit with my right hand in a bowl of iced water. Picked up a pan handle that was cooking Risotto in the oven about an hour ago. Still burning. GWS.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Salt water bath.

Oh ya biatch.

offcumden
    Free Member

If you need to keep your sore foot dry whilst having a shower, condoms work well I’m told.

I know this because a mate has just had a big toenail surgically removed and that’s what was recommended. Although he does keep breaking said prophylactics which means more condoms need purchasing and he’s now getting the stink eye from the pharmacist’s assistant in his village’s chemist shop.

theotherjonv

If he goes for the Performa brand it’ll anaesthetise his toe at the same time as protecting it!

trail_rat
    Free Member

Yesterday was the day of the itch….oh my word the desire to scratch it was very high……

Today it’s crusted over so a bit more painful pulling on the skin when I move.

Still looking clean and has been savloned within an inch of its life

willard

Shiiiiiit!

Finally got round to looking at the photos. Dammit, you did a good job on yourself.

Seriously, just keep that really, really clean and avoid using it for anything serious. Maybe a dressing, a light, fluffy sock and some time off your feet?

A mate did something similar to you involving a load of really hot water and a washing up glove. He eventually lost basically all the skin on his hand and about half way up his forearm. That was ED and a lot of pain. He did get some strange differential tanning on his arm for a few years though.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Why is your index toe doing its best to get as far a away from your big toe as possible?

epicyclo

Looks rough.

I did similar when I was a kid, and I have an area on the top of my right foot where the skin is paper thin, translucent.

It gets in a right mess if I’m daft enough to expose it to the sun for any time, so I hope yours recovers better.

Doing the ‘Puffer?

spooky_b329

Why is your index toe doing its best to get as far a away from your big toe as possible

That’s nothing, I have a whole space reserved for an extra toe between my big toe and index toe on both feet 🙂

globalti
    Free Member

Paracetamol is your friend, 4 gms a day taken as 1 gm every 6 hours, keep a note of times so you don’t let the level drop in your bloodstream.

fasthaggis

Doing the ‘Puffer?

No feeling in one foot?
    Could be almost perfect for those cold laps, if only he had done both. 😉

trail_rat
    Free Member

In a quad for puffer.

What does the paracetamol achieve ? The only soreness I have is the scabbing pulling on the other skin

singletrackmind

Melolin pads have a plasticy pourus layer that is designed not to stick to the wound on removal and come away clean, thus speed up the process of healing in theory

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘Bugger.. that’s ruined the next few weeks.’ is closed to new replies.