Bugger me! One week in post, and OFSTED knocks on the door…

Home Forum Chat Forum Bugger me! One week in post, and OFSTED knocks on the door…

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Bugger me! One week in post, and OFSTED knocks on the door…
  • alpin

what have you got to hide?

yeah bullheart (if that’s even your real name) what have you got to hide?!?!?!

you make me sick with your 3 hour working days and free stationary!

FunkyDunc

Ah OFSTED inspections, gets teachers in to a flap, they race around making the school in to some thing it is not the rest of the time.

I thought inspections these days were random and at any time to stop the ‘making the school perfect in advance’ thing

Premier Icon wwaswas
    Subscriber

after 1 week in post I’d be fairly relaxed about things, tbh – it’s not liek that can hold you responsible for anything other than any lessons of yours they might choose to observe!

Best to arrive to a bad report than receive one a term later?

I am just glad to hear your working

5lab

mate of mine got ofsted 4 weeks out of his pgce.

little B*gger got an outstanding as well..

nickf

All that fighting cancer malarkey…..that was NOTHING compared to the wrath of OFSTED

yossarian

We are waiting for a phone call…likely to be today. Then 3 weeks of queues to the shredding machines 🙂

duckman

thought inspections these days were random and at any time to stop the ‘making the school perfect in advance’ thing

May that darkest of days never come. I feel your pain, we are due in Jan.Mind you I am really OCD about recording etc, so shouldn’t have too much to worry about. HMI seem more interested in that rather than any teaching ability you might have.

bullheart

free stationary!

I wish. I’d love that. 🙁

what have you got to hide?

Nowt to hide. My new team are ‘interesting’ and woefully equipped at the moment. Three months would have given me enough time to iron out their ‘idiosyncrasies’…

Ah OFSTED inspections, gets teachers in to a flap, they race around making the school in to some thing it is not the rest of the time.

Fair point. Would be applicable if I’d have been there forever and I was a slack tosser. My track record would say otherwise though. And I don’t teach anymore now that I’m the deputy head.

And I don’t teach anymore now that I’m the deputy head

showoff

(congrats! do you miss the teaching?)

Premier Icon alfabus
    Subscriber

Announced inspections do seem a little bit pointless.

Shouldn’t they be surprise inspections, otherwise how are they supposed to know that you haven’t put on a show for them?

Dave

nickf

I’m the deputy head.

I’d missed that. Congratulations!

bullheart

We were led to believe that we weren’t being ‘seen’ until January.

Ta for that, OFSTED…

😐

bullheart

(congrats! do you miss the teaching?)

No. I hate kids. They’re a pain in the arse.

Shouldn’t they be surprise inspections, otherwise how are they supposed to know that you haven’t put on a show for them?

Totally agree. But I’d like half a chance to implement good stuff, rather than being tarred with an old brush…

No. I hate kids. They’re a pain in the arse.

Lol – can’t wait for Jan/Feb 2012 in the Bullheart household then?

Premier Icon midlifecrashes
    Subscriber

There is a school of thought going around that Ofsted is jumping in early in places with a change in top management. Hey presto, they come up with a judgement of a lack of stable management which pops you in a “category” if they don’t like the look of other factors and recent performance. Three weeks later offers of intervention to switch to academy or fed status appear even before the Ofsted decision goes public.

Good luck anyhow, you don’t sound like the sort of bloke who’ll let them do you over.

redstripe

stationary

0/10 for spelling

sorry….

Although the new framework for inspection is not due to start until the new year, all indicators point to inspections this term being “in the spirit” of the new framework.

This means that it will be very tough to get good. I know of several SLT folk who have been through the pilots and many staff have dropped a grade or even two based on the new criteria.

Xylene

We are apparently buying in an Offsted, which is great.

I guess I will be taking field trips that week with two of my classes – yes Mr Ofsted inspector, they genuinely need to copy stuff off the board every lesson. No Mr Offsted inspector, they can’t actually work autonomously at all, they lack social skills to do any work on their own or in groups.
    Yes Mr Ofsted inspector, they will actually get 3 GCSE’s out of their BTEC course. Amazing isn’t it, their files look fantastic as well don’t they.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Bugger me! One week in post, and OFSTED knocks on the door…’ is closed to new replies.