Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • Bugger. BUGGER BUGGER BUGGER. And arse.
  • ampthill

Can we have photos of the final CDF please. Quite interested to see what you come up with

JefWachowchow
    Free Member

Hi Pete.

I can speak to my mate Paul (who welded your Ducati tank) to stick a bead on that for you. Let me know if you want me to get in touch with him.

DezB
    Free Member

I’ve got a large red 853 inbred in good condition not doing much at the moment if you fancy another frame

MrPodster wouldn’t get on too well with a Large frame 🙂

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

You can get a new one for £199, why bother?

Not 853 I can’t, they don’t make them any more. 🙂
    Thanks for all the offers of bikes and frames chaps, very much appreciated.
    I’ve almost finished converting my CdF into a triple ringged tourer at minimal cost.
    A large Inbred is too big for me too. 🙂

to all the ‘it’s uneconomical’ bods – it’s hardly a part of an investment portfolio is it? It’s a bike and if he likes it/has sentimental value why not chuck a ton at it? People on here pay that for a couple of tyres. Gah.

This is exactly. I love this frame. I can’t imagine a better fit or ride and it’s incredibly versatile.
    I’ve met old blokes riding 40 year old bik s because they love them and this will be my equivalent. It’s long since got past the point of anything ‘economical’ or ‘sensible’ anyway. I was going to strip it and get it repainted next year anyway so another £120 for a seat tube is fine by me, although I do fancy going to a different frame builder this time.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

it’s hardly a part of an investment portfolio is it? It’s a bike and if he likes it/has sentimental value why not chuck a ton at it?

I don’t think I have an emotional attachment to any of my bikes, I like them but I’ll swap them out when I need to. Not really an issue.

robdob
    Free Member

I am hoping my Tour De Fer will be like this bike, battered and bruised in 20 years time and needing refreshing. I struggle to find bikes that fit but the TDF is great for me and again so versatile.

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘Bugger. BUGGER BUGGER BUGGER. And arse.’ is closed to new replies.