Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • Buffs
  • Surfr
    Free Member

How do you wear yours? Got a cheapi one with MBR a few months ago and after this mornings cold ears I think it's time to give it a go. But what works best? Doubled up? Headband? Snood style?

Jamie
    Free Member

Over your eyes…makes the rides more interesting 😉

martyntr
    Free Member

snood

pennine
    Free Member

Wore mine on the commute today. Don't get cold ears (hands & feet another story) so just pulled up over chin & cheeks for the fast downhill bits.

fingerbike
    Free Member

Snood normally or double up on very cold day, have a 2nd one for the neck on the cold days too…

pinches
    Free Member

normally either in "snood" or as a beanie under my helmet.

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

twist and double most of the time, just covers tops of ears

i have one i have split 60/40 and the 40 bit goes round me ears when i don't want full coverage but want to dissipate sweat away from my reverse sponge like forehead.

have a thermal one for me neck/post ride hat goodness

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

so just pulled up over chin & cheeks for the fast downhill bits.

…when snatching handbags 🙁

allthepies
    Free Member

Always wear one on the commute. In winter I just pull the sides down over my ears.

Olly
    Free Member

depends whats cold
    ive got 2
    so a beanie on top, and a face/scarf at the bottom

rolfharris
    Free Member

I wear them round my neck when I'm sleeping whilst camping, but have never seen the need on a bike except when pushing the bike up a big mountain in the driving rain.

Sad relly as they seemed to be the big giveaway last year and I've now got about 6 of the things in various hideous designs.

pennine
    Free Member

when snatching handbags

I don't like out of place crossing certain parts of Bradford Simon 😉

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

"look" Granville 🙂

BeveledEdge
    Free Member

To avoid embarrassment, I wouldn't wear an MBR buff at all 😉

sv

Polartec buff can be used in many ways depending on severity of conditions. Usually warm bit around neck and the finer end for and over the head for wet winter night rides, just eyes and nose bare to the elements.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

and I've now got about 6 of the things in various hideous designs.

can I have your most hideousest one please to try out please ?

rolfharris
    Free Member

The worst is the one I got from SSUK last year- it's red tartan with little scottish flag shields surrounded by 2 swords and a yellow banner saying "this i'll defend" all over it.

Give me your address simon and I'll post you an MBR one.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

4 Waterview, White Cross, Lancaster LA1 4XS (where I work 🙂 please!

And good grief, that does sound particularly revolting, I shall have to keep it well covered!

Oh, and thanks very much :o)

Grimy
    Free Member

I found mine perticually usefull for keeping flies and midges out of my mouth earlyer this year when the local trails were swarming. I wasnt too fust about swallowing the odd fly, until I noticed them rissing up off the fresh horse and dog shite….

GlenMore
    Free Member

superstar_opponents – Member

The worst is the one I got from SSUK last year- it's red tartan with little scottish flag shields surrounded by 2 swords and a yellow banner saying "this i'll defend" all over it.

Oooh – sounds nice.

shortcut

if it is an MBR one in back pack just in case I get caught short. 👿

ST ones get worn on my head with pride – pirate style! 😀

xherbivorex
    Free Member

been thinking about getting one for a while now; if anyone else has any freebie ones they wish to offload then i'd gladly accept…

rolfharris
    Free Member

xherbivorex- let me see if I can find another when i get home. e-mail me (address is in profile) and I'll try to get it done tomorrow.

GlenMore
    Free Member

Oi -I said "sounds nice"!!!!

xherbivorex
    Free Member

well you asked before me glenmore (if that's what you meant!) so go ahead…

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

what have I started ?

simon-scroungefinder-general

jojoA1
    Free Member

Simon, you shouldn't hold your breath waiting for the post… Should he Glen?

😉

I've got loads of buffs as I've mentioned on a previous thread, but I like them all so I'm keeping them for my various outfit moods. Usually worn as a hairband or just as a single layer under the hemlet.

GlenMore
    Free Member

Any hair left Jo?

jojoA1
    Free Member

Yup, chickened out of the 'mid life crisis' hair cut. Not too dissimilar from usual I'm afraid.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Simon, you shouldn't hold your breath waiting for the post… Should he Glen?

oh, you think superstar_opponents was just teasing me ?

martyntr
    Free Member

just in case I get caught short.

Toilet paper ???

allthepies
    Free Member

Can't remember seeing that particular buff application demo'd on their video 😆

Del

LOL!
    barnes has put his work address up! keep an eye on that mailbox Simon, but TBH, i don't think you're going to be having any trouble finding it. opening the door may be more of an issue however.
    right then. a few surveys to fill in, some double glazing brochures, and maybe a few bits of horse pron.
    cackle.

DezB
    Free Member

I used my MBR one in the Alps as a sweatband (it was hot in August!) – then I saw photographs. I won't be wearing it again, except maybe in the dark 😯

Lummox

one of the most usefull things i've got, tends to be pulled over mouth and ears in winter, nose when cold, makes a good sweat catcher in summer in pirate style, good when skiing too, also good in dusty conditions (that 1 week, I have two now thanks to mbr, so will have one for head and one for face.

Buy one you will not regret how usefull they are

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Pirate style on my head, can pull down over ears if needed and have a little 'tail' hanging down at the back.

Best to talk pirate for the ride as well for full effect / annoyance

robgarrioch

What, pray, is a 'snood'?

(cross between hood & ???)

Midnighthour
    Free Member

They do merino wool ones now – they feel very nice.

Try the buffwear website for decent patterns – the ones in the shops are usually ugly rubbish designs in comparison. Some of those stocked by Blacks camping etc as so awful I am surprised they ever sell any at all.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

barnes has put his work address up! keep an eye on that mailbox Simon, but TBH, i don't think you're going to be having any trouble finding it. opening the door may be more of an issue however.
    right then. a few surveys to fill in, some double glazing brochures, and maybe a few bits of horse pron.
    cackle.

I'm cool with that 🙂

Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)

The topic ‘Buffs’ is closed to new replies.