Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Buffalo V Snugpak.
  • greenman
    Free Member

As far as I can see these are the same thing but different price.
    Anyone had experience of both?

crush83
    Free Member

yes, we get issued snugpak in the RAF, they are ok and do the job but i borght a buffalo because they are lighter and thinner IMO and look better! 😀

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Buffalo, good solid but the cut has straight lines in it.
    Had a mountain shirt back in the 90’s which I lost 5/6 years later that was brilliant. Replaced it with a winter one few years back never been cold enough for long enough to wear it for too long but always goes in the bag
    Montane used to do some better fitting stuff but not sure anymore.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

buffalo because they are lighter and thinner

a few different thickness’s out there

bokonon
    Free Member

No idea about current montane stuff, but i’ve got a 6/7 year old montane extreme smock which I think is brilliant, it only ever gets worn climbing in winter by me, it’s too hot for me to wear it walking in, but once you get on route etc. I wouldn’t be without it.

At the time it was significantly cheaper than the equivalent buffalo bit of kit, and me and my mates all bought one – the prices don’t seem particularly different any more, which is sad.

porlus
    Free Member

I had a snugpak jacket. Good for mooching around in the cold. But as soon as it got energetic I thought it was too warm. Heard that the Buffalo jackets are better if you are more active.

TooTall
    Free Member

Montane beats Buffalo hands down. Better design, better fabrics, better thought out, cheaper (inc hood). I’ve had both and the Montane smock is light years ahead of Buffalo.

chiefgrooveguru

Which Snugpak? The Buffalo stuff is pile and pertex, great for wearing under a combat jacket, whilst the military Snugpak jackets I remember were synthetic down equivalents that you’d wear on top of your combats at night in camp.

matt_outandabout

Montane beats Buffalo hands down. Better design, better fabrics, better thought out, cheaper (inc hood). I’ve had both and the Montane smock is light years ahead of Buffalo.

The tall one is right.

trail_rat
    Free Member

no idea about snugpak but my buffalo is my first bit of kit in my bag unless im going to a hot place. its so versatile.

Commuting in in the middle of winter – buffalo

Middle of north sea in a bitter wind – buffalo

middle of the desert on a nightshift – buffalo

sking on a scottish hill – buffalo

working on the car in the rain – buffalo

love mine and would replace it in a heart beat – its an active shirt i bought used off SSdan

if the suns up and there is no wind its quickly stuck in the bag again though.

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

Montane for pile, Nanok for duvet

and bring back ‘North Cape’ for value!

scuttler

‘Peter Storm’ for retro.

somouk
    Free Member

I find Snugpaks are excellent for standing around in and Buffalos are better for outdoor activity.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Buffalo V Snugpak.’ is closed to new replies.